Boroscope running HOT

My camera is running really hot. After about 5 mins it’s hot to the touch and the image drops and I have to unplug it. Once it cools down I can plug it back into the USB and it works again…
It seems a little intermittent and might be somehow related to the light adjustment resister mounted to the USB plug.
When I turn it from off to full brightness, it gets kind of stuck about 1/3 of the way, my finger usually slips off the trim wheel and then I can push it past with a little more effort and I believe the LEDs go to full brightness as they are very bright.
No direct relationship can be consistently recreated but somehow adjustment seems to make a difference when cycled… The time it takes to overheat therefore can be longer or shorter but isn’t in direct relation to the position of the resistor.
I opened the plastic USB casing and it would appear that at least one ground isn’t soldered to the PCB and there appears to be a couple cold solders as well, all associated, I believe, to grounding pads…

OH, and my switch seems to be COMPLETELY MISSING…
J/K
(Actually it IS missing, but you understand…)

Honestly, throw it in the bin and request a new one from rory. I saw today such a borescope cam for 30 EUR in the pearl catalogue but I doubt that it will be better. Rory once said that they bought some 100s which were customized for FB to have 1m of focal length as the standard ones are around the cm area…