Calib Params for cam get lost after firmware update

I figured out today that MLH farmware was deleted as well during one of the last reboots, e.g. loosing network and resetting after the amount of time even that factory reset option is off. Is that related to the bugs that you will fix in the next release?

Yes that would be great! So what would I need to do to connect to the staging server, I guess?

We allow beta updates on the production server, and I believe the staging server is now limited to only Farmbot developers at the moment.

I will make a FAQ page on how to opt into beta updates and what to expect from them.

1 Like

Hi @connor any news? Had another two disconnects yesterday and needed to freshly setup the bot (walking through the configuration start menu…)…

It can´t be the wifi connection, as my nodeMCU is always online and sending, even with much lower RSSI…

1 Like

I’m still out of the office until Monday.

There are a few types of"disconnects" here.

One I know of is Your particular bot has issues with DNS resolution, not the connection itself. Something on your network is stopping Farmbot from being able to resolve the Farmbot servers IP address. This could be due to latency, wifi connection, some firewall, a bad router etc. There’s not really anything Farmbot can do about that, and no firmware update will be able to fix this, it’s something with your LAN.

The problems you experience after a disconnect are certainly fixable, but as I’ve said before, I can not reproduce the disconnects. When I get back on Monday I have an update that will at least collect better logs of what happened.

I wrote up a guide here for Opting into beta updates. Please be sure to read the entire document.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Farmbot OS Disconnects and reconnects

@Gabriel and @connor:

After the last firmware update to 6.4.11 the params for calibration were lost again, as expected and still not fixed, I believe? So I again for the how many"eth" time now reentered the calib values, took a picture of the garden but it did not show up in the farm designer… any ideas?

@Gabriel @connor @roryaronson

still no answer I cannot see any pictures in the farm designer at the moment… :frowning:

Running Camera Calibration should get the images to show up in the Farm Designer again. Also make sure the photo you want to appear was taken at the same z-axis height as when camera calibration was run.

As mentioned previously, a feature is under development that, when released, will resolve the data persistence issue. Until then, we will continue to investigate the update issue.

@Gabriel: I do have a scan image or a calibrate button inside the Camera Calibration Farmware. As far as I know, the scan image just scans the image again to detect the two red dots and the calibrate button takes a picture before. I just need to update the coefficients without physically rerunning the calibration. That is not covered at the moment? I just entered the values but they do not seem to be transferred into the system…

You do need to rerun calibration (via scan or calibrate), after which you can change the calibration values as desired.

@Gabriel
But then it says:

Error [camera-calibration] ERROR: Calibration failed. No objects detected.

…? :roll_eyes:

@Gabriel @connor

Still not solved, can you please support!?

Looks like the two red calibration objects weren’t visible in the image you are using for calibration or the detection settings weren’t adjusted properly for the contents of the image. Try helping the calibration process detect two (or more) distinct objects in the image, at which point the photos will appear in the Farm Designer and you can adjust the calibration values as needed.

Hi @Gabriel,
now we are getting closer. So the calib params get lost and I physically need to recalibrate after each firmware update? :confused:

May I please propose to:
a) add the possibility to edit the calib params as foreseen in the numeric fields without the need of physically recalibrating again

b) Store the calib params and reload them after an update

Any possibility for a quick implementation in the next release?

Persistent storage of calibration data outside of FarmBot OS is under development, but will take some time to implement.

Calibration parameters are already stored in FarmBot OS across updates, so the loss of data you have experienced is a bug. Implementing the above feature may end up being the fix unless we find a way to reproduce the issue.

But wouldn´t you admit that if I have a numeric field where I am able to type in values than this should be taken into account by the software? So why is the input from the fields for the calibration not working?

@Gabriel:

I recalibrated today with the two litte red dots. The calibration picture was correctly shown on the farm designer page but every picture I take afterwards needs to be rotated by 90 degrees. As the farmware does not take into account changes after the calibration, I cannot do anything more?! The picture alignment bottom left or so does only mirror the image… please help!

Cheers!

You can edit the CAMERA ROTATION value (in your case, add or subtract 90 degrees) and any new photos taken will be rotated accordingly.

@Gabriel I am very certain, that in the past this was taken into account for already taken pictures as well. Why did you change that?

Moreover why es the calib picture shown with the right alignment but the subsequent ones inside farmdesigner without changing something were not?