Change to DC Motor control

Dear Farmbot community

I just begun to work with your Arduino OS to configure it for my one Farmbot on the rooftop of our house.
Due to a design change to DC Motors with encoders, I would like to change the control function of the step motor control. Unfortunately I realized, that the methods in your code exceed my knowledge in programming.
Could you assist me how the control function of a step motor control can be changed to a PWM control signal?

Thank you very much for any support!

Hi Nevel,

I’m also trying to use a pair of DC motors to replace stepper motors.
I took a different approach, with reference to juchen in this link: https://www.robotshop.com/community/forum/t/very-low-cost-2a-dual-dc-motor-driver-with-cool-features/13183
Instead of changing the program, I connect two motors directly to the 4 pins.
But the DC motor turns out to be continuously spinning, wondering if you would have some suggestions.

Hey Agrifuture
The implementation of a DC motor in my case was with a DC H-Bridge which was controlled by the pulse signal of the steps pin. This setup could run the dc motors with enough current (more than 2a).The implementation with a conventional stepper driver is intresting but I think it works only with small dc motors due to the low current.
Due to the problem of controlling the dc motors properly without modification in the code, i changed the setup to smal Nema 14 stepper motors. Actually I would recommend to do so as well and use the drivers from trinamic. Those have a great performance and you can’t hear any noise… I use the TMC 2208. Were are you from?

BR

nevel

1 Like