Farmbot disconnects after token refresh

To improve app loading speed and reduce bandwidth consumption, the application is broken up into “chunks”. Generally speaking, when you navigate to one of the app pages, our servers will only provide the chunks required for that page. When you navigate to another page of the app, additional chunks are loaded as needed.

The Loading chunk failed error happens when additional chunks fail to load, most likely due to one of the following reasons:

1. Our app/servers are unavailable.
  2. We deployed a new version of the app since you last loaded it.
  3. You’ve become disconnected from the internet and your web browser can no longer reach our servers.

To our knowledge, our app/servers have not gone down today.

We last deployed the app about 25 hours ago. If you loaded the app before that and have kept the web browser tab open and just now tried to navigate to a new page, then the chunk will fail to load. A simple refresh will resolve the issue.

If you haven’t had the tab open for a long time, then most likely your internet connection cut out.

To further the evidence for this scenario, the log you provided from the FarmBot indicates that it too was unable to connect to the web app.

Once again, your issues seem to be related to your internet connection, which we cannot help with. We strongly recommend using an ethernet connection to eliminate any possible issues with WiFi, and perhaps consider contacting your ISP to inquire about poor service.

@Klimbim Please try a browser hard refresh (ctrl+shift+R)

Hi @roryaronson: It cannot be my ISP alone; after I update I constanly get more disconnects than before. As this is clearly connected to the firmware update it must be in connection with your servers as well. Again the more information we would have to debug the better. At the moment the bot is unusable for me because it discsonnects at least once a day if not every hour, this cannot be. Also some times I need to boot into the farmbot network, some times I can just recycle power and it works again.

Please help to solve that problem, every other device in my network is fine (and there are some IoT devices which need constant internet connection…).

That solved the intermediate problem in the end…

Let’s start by switching from WiFi to an Ethernet connection. That will rule out the most likely connectivity failure mode.

A post was split to a new topic: Local DNS issues with FarmbotOS

That´s not so easy rory. I need to purchase a veeery long ethernet cable, I cannot run it outside but by leaving the door or window open which is definitely not possible on a 24h basis. Moreover I need to run the ethernet cable into the cable thingi which is a very tedious thing, so at all I am not able at the moment to test.
What about figuring out why the WiFi does not work as expected? See all the posts where people are reporting WiFi connection issues?!
For what reason did you implement the diagnosis information thing if you´re not making use of it?

You could buy a 60m ethernet such as this one for about $20 and then route it through a wall or floor with a small hole. Depending on how you get electricity to your FarmBot, you could maybe share the same conduit, wire routing pathway, and/or hole. While adding a cable into the x-axis cable carrier may be tedious and take about 20 minutes, it will at least rule out WiFi connectivity issues with your setup which seem to have cost you much more time since getting your FarmBot.

There are certainly a handful of posts (as well as private email support threads) from different people who are experiencing connection issues. However, WiFi (and connectivity in general) work reliably for the vast majority of FarmBot owners. We’re seeing tens of issues, not hundreds. And most of those issues get resolved either with adjusting network settings in the case of firewalls, using ethernet in the case of poor WiFi signal, or a software update when we do in fact find a bug with FarmBot OS.

We - and users - do make use of the connectivity widget and other diagnostic information such as logs. For example when someone has a firewall issue that is blocking access to the ports that the message broker requires, the user is told this information in the widget and can immediately let their system admin know, or they can get in touch with us with a screenshot of the widget which helps us help them diagnose the problem.

Gladly there are no holes in my walls to the outside, so I cannot route a cable from inside to outside. Just for testing purposes and because these connection issues appear statistically each other day, I need to be connected at least a week continously. I really struggle in seeing how this can be done. And I struggle to see that the bot cannot set up a stable WiFi connection through a window and 5 m air distance…
I still blame something on the software part of the bot to cause these disconnects…

I really can´t see how I should have WiFi problems with an RSSI of not below -60. All the other IOT devices run without problems over WiFi. Is there any other way that you could enhance logging to see when either it is disconnected from WiFi or not able to reach a server? All I am asking at the moment is to provide more deeper feedback on WHAT the bot is not able to reach. I mean there must be means to detect if it´s disconnected from the WiFi or connected to the WiFi but not able to reach the Farmbot servers on the internet, or or or…

The logging is sufficient for us to suggest steps to take to resolve almost all connectivity issues. We have determined, multiple times, that the next step you should take is to try an Ethernet connection.

Seems like running a wire would be the fastest way to get another data point and help rule out a slew of possibilities without having to touch code.
Just my thoughts…