[FARMWARE] Mother's Little Helper (MLH)

Finally! Those are the last 17 i needed!

Really though thank you so much for this. I think we should add this post to the FAQ.

Farmbot OS is Linux-based, but very stripped down. It’s pretty much just the kernel and Farmbot OS runtime and a tiny subset of other packages. (wpa-supplicant for example). Logging the output of commands could be helpful, but unfortunately due to the nature of how Farmbot requires network to send logs, it can be hard to read those logs. I’m working on building a system that will allow Configurator to keep more than the last-most recent log that i think should help users see what caused their bot to go offline.

This is my preferred way to keep Farmbot (and any other networked device really) online. That being said i have quite a few Farmbots online via just WiFi, and i never really have any issues.
I’d really love to see your buried network setup though. This might encourage users to set this up themselves.

Update

Not to derail this already hijacked thread any further but i wrote up a quick FAQ document to hopefully help users troubleshoot why their bot disconnects. You can find it here

1 Like