Feature request - support for working with intermittent internet

Hi,

While we get our corporate networking sorted :frowning: - we are using our phone hotspots to progress the configuration.

I can setup a sequence to water the plants, setup a schedule (farm events) to trigger that.

But they only run when the RPi is on the network - in fact, it goes to configurator mode when I turn off the hotspot.

Any plans to make it just continue when WiFi is lost, while running?

I can understand doing a reset on loss of power and no wifi, but if its running, it would be handy to just continue.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

You need an actual, real, physical emergency stop button on the farmbot.

1 Like

Dear Farmbot community

Due the unstable wifi connection on my roof top i decided to use the hotspot of my tablet for connecting the farmbot. As soon i deactivate the hotspot and activate it later again, the farmbot is not able to connect to it and needs to be configure again. This happens not in any case, but after a periode of time the rasperry cannot connect again to the hotspot and needs to be configured again.
Another issue is, that the farmbot sometimes loses the motor parameters after a period of time…
Is there any solution for this problem or could be an insufficient power supply the problem?
At the moment the rasperry has a seperate 5v 1.5 A supply.

Thx for your help!!

1 Like