Free Installation for XL Models

Hey Guys and Gals,

I’m offering to install and set up Farmbot XL models around Califoria, Washington State or anywhere in Canada please let me know. I’m willing to set up models for free to learn the installation process.
Message Me!

2 Likes

If I ever get mine… I’ll let you know. In the area of Edmonton Alberta Canada. I’ll be trying to connect a solar module to mine as well

@TroyD

Are you planning to use the solar + battery option?
What kind of setup for solar power are you going to use?

Troy,

Do you have an AC power source as backup?

Marc

I have a canadian tire solar panel… i’m not sure of the wattage (2 feet by 4 ft) and when I think about it, yes a battery will be needed.

An AC power source would be easy enough to hook up (20 feet from a plug-in) so I might just do that instead but solar would be nice seeing as I already have the panel.

Hey Troy,

I’m going to be really honest and tell you that the most reliable way to run your Farmbot is to have a safe and secure AC power supply. Run an extension chord and your gonna be way better off.

The Farmbot can run from Wi-Fi but if you have an dedicated Ethernet Cable going to the Farmbot that’s the best way to eliminate many of the connection issues.

Marc

After testing out the Farmbot Wi-Fi connection I have found that there are several things that will cause connection issues with Wi-Fi.

Microwave Ovens will cause radio noise and disrupt the Wi-Fi connection. Also, other radio transmitters, Wi-Fi networks from your neighbours and electrical equipment nearby can cause Wi-Fi connection issues.

Hi Marc, I have farmbot in the Los Angeles, CA area. Can you help me finish my setup?

1 Like

Yes I can likely help you. I will send you a message directly to talk about specifics.

Marc

Thanks for the help Marc! Lots learned on setting it up.

Hey Guys and Gals,

I’m offering to install and set up Farmbot XL models around Califoria, Washington State or anywhere in Canada please let me know. I’m willing to set up models for free to learn the installation process.
Message Me!

I’m in SoCal too, I’d love to come check out your system…

Hey Marc are you still doing these installs?

Pat,

Where are you located?

Wapato, WA over by Yakima, WA