Marketing Research

Hello everyone,

I am a student at Boston College and my classmates and I are doing a Marketing research project on FarmBot. We are aiming to come up with innovative marketing strategies for FarmBot, specifically for the education sector. So we want to better understand your perspective and how FarmBot could market better to educators. If you could take a few minutes to answer these questions, we would appreciate any feedback you are willing to share!

1.Why did you choose to get FarmBot?
2.How do you typically learn about new technologies to implement in the classroom, such as FarmBot?
3.Have you implemented Farmbot into the classroom? What insights did the project create for you?
4.Would you recommend this as an educational project to others?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.

It is the first application for me which connects the ugly coding and maker community with a realworld tool that you can use and develop. 3D printers are great, but what should you print? Yeah a new door handle or something is nice but how often do you need it? Decorations yeah they´ll become booring at some point too.
The ability of FB is enormous. You can connect AI to use realtime weather data to control the way FB works. You could use neural nets to detect weeds etc… its endless…

Definitely yes! Buuut you will need a proper preparation phase as a teacher or a teacher group. FB could be implemented in a class in different subjects:

• biology
  • math to develop algorithms, neural nets, fuzzy logic etc.
  • computerscience of course
  • ethics, discussing man machine interaction and how to deal with AI decisions…
  • physics of course…

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @lieberdd,

Sorry that I can’t provide answers to your questions. However, the questions are really good, and I would like to know the answers to them!

Will you compile the results of your research into a report, and will it be publicly available?

I’m currently in the process of doing some research on the scalability of FarmBot, you can see it here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/post-scarcity-robotics-food/x/12861940#/

Also… Would love to pick your brain a bit… Would you be available for a Skype call at some point?

Hi @limikael,

Thank you for responding. Your research sounds very interesting.
Yeah my group and I would be happy to Skype you and possibly ask you a few questions as well?
What time works this next week? If not, the week after?

Let us know!

Cool! I sent you a PM about this.