Share photos of your build!

Probably the first Farmbot built in Indonesia. Big thanks to the Farmbot Team and all of those in the forum who had helped me building my farmbot :grinning: . Cheers!

6 Likes

Hey guys,

We’re students from Greenschool Bali, we wanted to show you our amazing Farmbot. We started working on this Student Led project 3 weeks ago.

Here are some photos of the Farmbot.

Here is the link to our video showing our farmbot.

I hope everyone has a good day,
Lucas and Gusde

5 Likes

I am off the grid! (with the backup)

8 Likes

Just got my Farmbot XL but its fall here and I was going to install the raised garden bed until this:

Turned to this:

So most of it is built inside for now:

Can I program it to build snowmen all winter?
:snowman:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Our build of the FarmBot community garden in the atrium of our middle school.

7 Likes

This thing is sweet. Can you give a review of how effective this setup is?

Also, a question from someone new to the forums, what stops this thing from being mounted directed to the greenhouse walls? What’s stopping the X and Y axis from being mounted higher up of the frame of the greenhouse?

This setup works really well for us. Building it attached to the inside of the raised bed allowed for us to add some nice trim being that it is in a public space. We have ample light from our skylights so being indoors works well even though we are not using grow lights.

With respect to direct mounting of the x and y axis tracks, you would need to buffer out the x axis so your cable carriers have room to overhang on the maximum reaches of their runs. From what I have read, the gantry would lose stability if built much larger than the XL kit allows.

Hey Guys and Girls,

Here’s the Build at the Growing Hope Project located in Riverside California at the San Andreas High School. This Farmbot was built by Chris Jaramillo the Project Leader shown in the photos and video. The school trains high school students on Farmbot and other agricultural systems.

This Farmbot is growing butter lettuce, red incised , opal basil, celogaine bibb lettuce. These plants are 3 weeks old.

Marc

https://forum.farmbot.org/uploads/default/original/2X/3/391c6c471838b4652089511d0ab7e032318be3cd.MOV

3 Likes

Aloha Folks,

Here are some shots of our Farmbot build :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Spring is here and my daughter and I have finally finished our farmbot build. We started by building the raised bed, re landscaping the entire area to expand the garden, dug in power, water and internet. Now its cemented in, filled with 3.5 tons of “garden lasagna” and has its very own breaker in the main electrical panel. Fully planted, ready to see how it performs!

7 Likes

Beautiful!

Propably first working farmbot i Poland - city: Sosnowiec woj. region: Silesia :slight_smile:

9 Likes

We welcome to the world “Ovie GroBot”, The Orangevale Open FarmBot! Ovie is the centerpiece of the Orangevale Open Community Garden & FarmBot Project.

That looks great! :wink:

What purpose does the solar panel serve?

Thanks!
Arlo WiFi Camera - on center post - wire runs under dirt close to edge

Hi All,

Our farmbot is running on one of three garden beds at my school. One garden is tended to by students during term time whilst the next uses irrigation and a timer.

When the garden beds were made, there was a lot of movement (10mm) in the timber of the beds which would have caused the farmbot rails to become non-parallel. My design solution was to build a floating frame from 100 x 10mm aluminium, fixing it to the timber using T channels and nuts that I made from smaller sections of aluminium.

The watering tool (documented in another post) is allowing the seedlings to be watered gently.

I covered the whole area in netting to prevent birds and other animals from destroying the plants.

Also created some signage explaining to students how the farmbot works.

Regards,
Mark

7 Likes

Just finished the automation build (everything but UTM, vacuum, water). Great fun except for my wiring mistake that took some time to debug - learned a lot about encoders tho!

3 Likes

Cambridgeshire, UK!

5 Likes

Boerne, Texas

My Genesis XL about 6 weeks after the first plants and seeds went in.

Growing squash, cucumbers and tomatoes vertically. You can also see my cross slide mounted watering tool mod. (Will post more on this separately.) and okra and larger tomatoes on this end We have 219 plants and about 39 different varieties/species so far.

13 Likes