A honest review from a fooled customer

Farmbot is the most open source product I have ever seen, everyone can make changes! Remember to share with the community! This is the spirit of Farmbot!

2 Likes

You mean we shouldn’t trust your website???

I suggest to create a pop-up on your website, that would appear just after clicking the “buy button”:

Don’t just look at one marketing video and press buy. Look at the hardware documentation, the software documentation, watch some of the many other in-depth videos about the details of the product on our youtube channel, etc. If you have questions or concerns, talk to us or post on the forum. Then, only when you are confident the purchase is right for you, press buy.

It would be fair.

Compared to me kevin is very lucky, I still didn’t get the parts, and can’t do anything for 3 months.

That was another firmware we considered utilizing/forking in the early days. However, they changed the license from MIT to GPLv3, so we decided against it as we’re more in the permissive camp than the copy-left camp when it comes to open-source licensing.

@olbro thank you for the suggestion. I will consider it.

2 Likes

Good point GPL is more restrictive.

whitecaps:

Good point GPL is more restrictive.

Depends on the perspective. GPL is more restrictive on the developers, but better for the end user since they get guaranteed code. With MIT, end users can be locked out of future developments that are taken proprietary, which in in the end is more restrictive on the end user since they won’t get the code.

2 Likes

i am not familiar with GRBL but we have a old big CNC milling machine in our company where the electronics broke. i installed a RUMBA board (with enforced stepper output) and marlin and we are super happy with.

they can send you mine, it is already pre assembled and ready “to use (struggle)”

I’m locking this thread. Everyone has had a chance to speak their minds and everyone who has asked for a refund has received one. If you still wish to express your frustrations, do it in a respectful manner on a private channel, such as our customer support email or consider taking the discussion to other places that are not managed by FarmBot staff. Expressing frustration in a productive manner is fine, intentionally creating a hostile environment is not. Users attempting to re-open this specific discussion in a new thread will be banned.

3 Likes