August 15, 2017 Software Update

Hi all,

As you may have read in the recent newsletter, our developer team is moving towards a “continuous delivery” workflow to bring more frequent updates to end users. This is our second incremental release since 5.0.0 came out earlier this month.

Here’s what’s new:

New Features:

• Ability to load current bot position into tool slot coordinate inputs when creating a tool slot.
  • Disable home button and peripherals when the bot is still moving.
  • Added the ability to run arbitrary Farmware by name within the sequence editor.
  • Ability to add custom step names- just click the title to edit. You can use this feature to give each step a description (like programming comments) so that the sequence is easier to understand at a glance
  • Added a message to the FarmBot OS configuration screen when the browser is not supported.

Issues and Bug Fixes

• Improvements to error messages when bot is offline.
  • Issue where app crashed on old versions of FBOS while visiting the FarmWare page.
  • Numerous fixes to account settings page
  • Logged in users are now forwarded to main app page when visiting my.farmbot.io

Improvements for Third Party Software Developers

• Added a “debug” log channel. It is similar to the “info” channel, except the messages will not persist page refreshes.
  • Added a “busy” and “locked” flag to the device state tree (MQTT /status channel)
  • Updates to developer docs that account for new webpack-rails frontend build tooling.

2 Likes

So there will be soon a 5.0.2 Version released?

Yes, FarmBot OS 5.0.2 has been released as part of this update.

My Raspberry Pi isn´t creating a wifi hotspot in 5.0.2.
Using a Macbook with Chrome upgraded and Etcher to write the OS on the SD card

1 Like

@gcanta, Did you ever figure out how to solve the issue of your wifi not launching.

for a while now I haven’t been able to figure out how to fix my issue. If I have to E-stop the FarmBot or power it off and turn it on again ill have to format the SD card and re-install the OS and then FB will launch the network.

After upgrading to 5.x, I am unable to access the controls tab in my.farmbot.io. I get the following error message in chrome console:

rollbar.min.js:2 GET https://my.farmbot.io/api/webcam_feed/ 422 (Unprocessable Entity)

rollbar.min.js:2 Dynamic page loading failed Error: Problem loading webcam feed. Got falseundefined