Boroscope Camera Confusion and Questions

I am purchasing the parts for Farmbot Genesis on my own and as the title suggests I am rather confused about the camera.

Here are my questions/concerns:

• The Bill Of Materials for v1.2 and v1.3 lists the boroscope, but has no link to a suggested model. This seems like a big deal to me considering the importance of the camera for weed detection, and that it appears the boroscope that is included in the kit is a special/custom one with increased focal length.
  • The BOM for v1.0 and v1.1 lists the plastic camera mount and cover, but it has no link to the 3D print file. In addition it doesn’t even list the boroscope in the Electronics section. I started getting the parts for Genesis version 1.0 so that is what I’m starting with. I know this version is no longer supported, but I still think the documentation should be accurate for those building or comparing to previous versions. The BOM for v1.3 does include the files for the camera mount, but I don’t know if it’s compatible with v1.0 since I have no previous version to compare it to.

So basically I’m trying to figure out what camera and corresponding mount to acquire.

Would anyone be able to help elucidate the camera situation?

Thank you,
Ash

The borescope FarmBot uses is custom (custom focus, as you’ve mentioned), and therefore does not have a link yet. It will be available in our online store when that opens.

Previous versions used the Raspberry Pi camera, which was mounted with a cover. The CAD model is available through the v1.1 docs CAD model page link (Camera Mount in the Tools folder). The ribbon cable was extended with an HDMI cable using a ribbon cable to HDMI cable adapter.

The v1.3 borescope mount should work with any borescope, provided the diameter is around 9mm.

Thank you, Gabriel. Do you have an update on when the online store will open? The last I heard it was anticipated around the end of September.

The online store is now open.