Budgeted FarmBot

Hey.
We are a group of researchers that want to buy the Farmbot Genesis and start a research center in Israel.
Yet - The costs of the farmbot is too high for our current situation. Is there some way to get a budgeted Farm Bot?
Is there a way to order only some of the parts (Electronics, etc) as some of the parts we can buy here locally?

Right now there is not. The best you can do is build your. By doing this you may be able to bring the cost down to $1,500 or $2,000 by printing your own parts and machining your own plates. Then you can buy the other stuff more locally and hopefully save on shipping costs too.

Once we ship out our first batch in February we will beign offering partial kits in our online store (just plates, just mechanical, individual things, etc)

2 Likes

@rootux be in touch with me, I am in Israel too and I am working on a BOM that includes local suppliers for all the profiles and heavier equipment and cheaper international suppliers. As @roryaronson suggested, the price can drop significantly to about half and even less if a few kits are being made together.

1 Like

Hello @meldajon, @rootux ,

We have just launched our Farmbot Kits for order, and we can also ship to Israel (free delivery).
You can check our website http://wefarmbot.com/en/2 to have a look and leave feedback.

If you are interested, let me know, i will be more than pleased to help you.

Thank you.

Hi Nicholas,

The issue with international shipping remains with the profiles which are expensive to ship. DHL/any courier calculates by volume even if the Aluminum is not that heavy, that’s quite a price killer.

I still think your product is well priced and affordable for people who simply want the kit without the headache, especially if you have a cheaper version for a domestic market.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!

Hi @meldajon,

Our price already include the shipping (we use DHL). There is no additional cost.

Yes I am aware, and in fact it is nevertheless part of the overall price, I estimate 300-400 $US on the shipping which is money that goes to waste in practical terms. :smiley:

@meldajon Please join our group Farmbot Israel
https://www.facebook.com/groups/189350278163009/
Where we document our local build efforts. We didn’t order the kit yet did it manually ourself.

any update on the ETA for partial kits?

Hello,I want to buy a complete set of farmbot,I am in mainland China,can you bring it? thank you:微笑:

We’ll have 50 sets of motor-only, plate-only, and plastic-parts-only sets available probably in September, as well as individual parts for sale. Our priority is getting the complete kits out the door though.

2 Likes

Awesome, sourcing all the parts is tedious and hard especially if you want to make sure the parts are containmanent/heavy metal-free. There are so many sketchy parts of unknown origins and so many sellers that sell only a handful of the parts which results in too much money wasted on shipping. It is also hard for me to justify spending $2.6k all at once, especially when it is so many iterations away from being anything close to appliance-like. Hopefully I can start accumulating parts over time soon.

Also, have you looked into selling in bulk to a distributor or sending the parts out to amazon to manage the logistics of selling and shipping them?