Could not find sequence by ID

I have a couple of sequences, and they all do what they should.

Just now I added another one. Upon execution, I get a could not find sequence by ID error. In my browser’s network tab, however, I can see that the app gets a 200 response for the request https://my.farmbot.io/api/sequences/1997. Also, the app indicates that the bot is in sync.

What could be at hand here?

@creimers Are you seeing that error within FarmBot OS, or within the browser?

@RickCarlino I’m seeing this in the browser.

When I get that, Syncing usually helps. Sometimes for whatever reason new sequences don’t get uploaded, and sometimes even when Farmbot reboots and syncs automatically it doesn’t sync all the sequences.

Thanks @Rassah, but that does not do it for me.

@RickCarlino Any other info I can provide to help debug this one? Or any thoughts on where to start digging in the react app?

@creimers Sorry for the slow response, and thanks for all the information you’ve provided. I think I might know what’s going on here.

This might be a bug that managed to slip past us in the 4.0.0 Release. I think the next release will fix the issue.

In the meantime, there’s a couple things we can try:

1. I can delete the sequence from the database and you can start over (this will probably fix the runtime error in the browser for now, until a patch is deployed). Please let me know if you want me to do that.
  2. You can try running a local setup, change the server address to my.farmbot.io (using the “+” icon in the top right of the login panel) and see if the issue goes away. This would indicate that it has already been fixed for the next release.

If you are still facing the issue, even on a local setup, I will need to do a bit more investigating.

The offending code would be somewhere around here:

src/sequences/step_tiles/tile_if/index.tsx
src/sequences/step_tiles/tile_execute.tsx (MOST LIKELY)

One last question: Does this only happen on the sequences page, or on any page of the app?

@RickCarlino Last time I’ve worked with the bot this error has not occurred again… I’ll try to update this thread in case I’ll be able to detect a pattern.