Custom Orientation of X and Y axes (reopened

Hi,

Because Custom Orientation of X and Y axes - #3 is closed, I’m opening a new thread in addition to be able to continue that issue.

Frankly, the answer is not really satisfactory. In my opinion, what would be necessary would be the possibility to set the origin in X and Y at one of the 4 corners and to be able to determine the direction of the axes.

In my case, I would like to have the origin at the bottom left in the top view representation with a positive X axis to the right and a positive Y axis to the top.

Adjusting the motor control is not sufficient for this.

Greetings Klaus

Ok, there is an answer and it has probably already been described at some point. But since I’ve rephrased the question here, I want to answer it.

There are 3 steps required in the web app:

1. Open the menu in the map display, click on Map Settings and set the location of the origin

1. in the Controls tab, click the cogwheel in the top right corner and set the axes accordingly under Invert Jog Buttons.

1. in the Settings tab, set the options for Invert Motors and Invert Encoders accordingly.

In my opinion, steps 1) and 2) could be automatically linked in the app, so that an adjustment in one place automatically adjusts the other. I can’t think of a situation where these settings should be independent of each other. Just a suggestion for a future version.

It’s different with the motor and encoder controls. It must always be possible to set them separately, because different mechanics or motor cables with different assignments make this necessary. However, with a change of 1) and 2), if this were automatically coupled, a polarity reversal could also take place here automatically. Just not the other way around.

And that’s the result of the described settings:

Greetings Klaus

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.