Event scheduled at 2021-06-03 16:00:00Z failed to execute: no match of right hand side value: {:error, “Motor stalled.”}

Hi @RickCarlino

I know you mentioned you added the feature in the code to see which axis has stalled. I’m receiving this error: Event scheduled at 2021-06-03 16:00:00Z failed to execute: no match of right hand side value: {:error, “Motor stalled.”}

Where can I see which axis caused the stall?

Thanks,
Steve

@stre1026 What’s your device ID? I can take a look remotely to see what happened if you leave the device online.

Hi @RickCarlino

Here you go: 11807

@stre1026 It was your “X” axis that stalled (which is not surprising- that’s the most common source of stalling). I need to expose this message to end users. Hope I can make that happen in v14.1.0, which should be out in the next week or so.

Thanks @RickCarlino

Figures…any more information as to which side of the axis by chance?

This information is not available. Some alternative options:

• Enable E-STOP ON MOVEMENT ERROR so that the bot locks down when this happens. The bot will be in a stopped position so that you can inspect it for obstruction.
  • Another option is to create a “Random Wandering” sequence that moves to random locations in a never-ending loop (until you e-stop). This can help in finding weak spots in your rails:

I hope that helps!

Thanks @RickCarlino

This is cool. I will try this out.

1 Like

@RickCarlino , I have to say this wandering sequence is super cool! I’m going to set this up and run this during house parties because people are always curious what the heck the machine is in my garden! :laughing:

1 Like

@stre1026 Yeah, I love the random wandering also! I think this is the first time I’ve publicly mentioned this, but it’s a great way to “put the tracks to the test” and find every possible spot that has a risk of stalling.

RE: “Impressing party guests” Another good one is to bind a grid watering sequence to button 4 of the electronics box. You can push the button anytime someone wants a demonstration. It’s also useful if you have an unseasonably hot day and your plants need a little extra water beyond what the farm events provide.

1 Like

@RickCarlino

Haha, I already have the watering sequence bound to a button. The garden just gets too watered when I show too many people!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.