FarmBot on rails

Hi,

I have an idea of building a robot in the FarmBot eco system that uses an arm mounted on a rail. To get an idea, please see this rendering:

The reasons why I believe in this design:

• Scalability: The rail can be made very long (hundreds of meters) without causing problems. The rail can also curve, so it can work for irregularly shaped plant beds and fields. It is built in sections like a model train.

• Cost: I’m using only PVC pipes, 3D prints, screws, nuts and standard 608 ball bearings for the mechanical parts. This makes it very cheap to build.

• Availability of materials: While the premium materials and components that FarmBot use are easy to find in hardware stores in America and Europe, they are difficult to find in many other parts of the world. The parts mentioned above are available everywhere.

I’m building the prototype in Ubud, Bali, and I’m making some progress! The latest update is here on my YouTube channel:

Please take a look and let me know what you think!

And if you like it… Seeing some subscribers on the channel is really encouraging and keeps me motivated… So please consider subscribing!

Cheers!