Farmbot OS wifi fault

Is hardware problem? It seem wifi cannot load

Very likely. What OS and version is flashed to your SD card ?

It work before and connect to farmbot. after one day then it fail connection.
and i re-flash the update version farmbot v12.2.0 farmbot-rpi3-12.2.0.img.

@Tom, thank you.
Maybe ask @Marc whether you can replace the RPiZeroW processor under “warranty” ?
Otherwise you’ll need to buy a new one. This one from Adafruit won’t work because the header pin block is on the wrong side of the PCB.

@Tom

It seems so. Did this happen immediately after an upgrade? To rule out SD card corruption, you may wish to perform a hard re-flash just to be sure.

Since your problem seems to have happened right after a software release period, it is still possible that this is a software problem. Considering that my devices (and the devices of many customers) are currently running v12.2 without problems, I think this is unlikely. It is not impossible though, and it would be good to double check.

We can test to see if this is a software issue by downgrading to 12.1:

1. Disable auto update on your account
  2. Re-flash the previous version of FBOS (12.1): Genesis, Express
  3. After running configurator, check to see if the error still occurs.
  4. Re-enable auto update

Please let us know how the test goes and we can continue from there.

Thanks for the information. This is my first installation on farmbot.

I been use V12.1 first and try V12. 2 wifi still fault.

I been install raspberry OS and check wifi.
It cannot detect wifi and wanl0 is fault.

@Tom OK, If you are still getting the fault on Raspberry Pi OS, then it is most likely a hardware problem.

If you are a customer of FarmBot, Inc. and you purchased your device less than a year ago, please email support@farmbot.io to request a new RPi0.

If you are outside of warranty or you purchased your device elsewhere, you will need to purchase a new RPi0, either from our shop or a third party vendor.

As @jsimmonds has mentioned, be sure that you order a model that has the correct headers installed.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for reply. Yes, my farmbot is from farmbot Inc. And less than a year.

Rgds
Tom

1 Like