It sounds like an interesting project! Here’s usually what happens when you notice a UI lockup during Farmware development
- A log message (or RPC) requires a screen update at the UI layer.
- A screen update requires CPU resources
- Therefore, an unusually high number of log messages (or any operation that causes the bot’s state to change too often, such as polling) will consume all of the browsers CPU resources.
Some things to look for are:
- Sending too many RPC messages at one time
- Sending too many logs
- Performing a polling operation (Doing RPCs on a timer)
I might be able to take a look if you upload the source code to a public code hosting platform such as Github or Bitbucket, although I would ask that you try to isolate the issue as much as possible (our team is small and time resources are limited).
- Have you been throttled by the server during development? You will see a message similar to this:
"Device is sending too many logs (%s). Suspending log storage and display until %s."
- Do you perform any operations on a timer? There are very few times in Farmware development where it is OK to do polling.
As a side note, I would like to mention that I have been authoring developer documentation over the past few months. I would value your feedback. Is there anything missing that you would like added? We have been making a big push for developer docs in the last 3 months, and your feedback is appreciated.
Please let me know if the issues noted above apply to the Farmware you are authoring.