Farmduido not connecting to Raspberry pie

We have the v1.2 and are finally setting it up. Our farmbot was working normally through setup until an issue with cycling water on and off with leaky o rings caused us to hit the emergency stop button. Since then it has not been able to connect or unlock. We are now seeing that the farmduino is not connecting to the raspberry pie. We have tried updating the OS and restarting multiple times but are unable to get them to communicate.

@ross622 Did any water get inside your electronics enclosure when the O-ring broke? I am seeing over-current warnings for the USB port, which is an error I have never seen on any device before.

Here are some things you can try:

• Power the device down and firmly reattach all electrical connectors. Make sure they are clean and dry.
  • Inspect the electronics box for water damage and make sure it is dry.
  • (if none of that helps) Email contact@farmbot.io with your order number or using the original email address that you used to purchase the device. My suspicion is that your Raspberry Pi or Farmduino are now broken.

@ross622 I remotely powered your device down. I would highly recommend unplugging the device until we have a better idea of what is going on.

@ross622 I did not realize you are running a v1.2. Unfortunately, that hardware is now out of warranty in 2021 (v1.2 was released ~4 years ago).

The good news is that all of the replacement parts are available off-the-shelf on websites like Amazon or Adafruit. My recommendation is that you purchase a new Raspberry Pi (~$35), RAMPS board (~$8), and an Arduino Mega (~$16) assuming that water damage was the issue.

Additionally, the advice above is provided under the assumption that water damage is the culprit. If you think there is a different issue at play, replacing the electronics might not be necessary.

Thank you for your response. I will try your suggestions and get back to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.