Incorrect Z axis movement

Hi everybody!

We keep running into the same problem over and over again:
Sometimes the movement of the z axis does not match the actual distance command. The Farmbot suddenly covers double the distance (which led to the destruction of a plant pot a few days ago) or half the distance, which it does now for example. No settings were changed in the meantime. The displayed position does not reset to zero but shows the requested position.

The movement inconsistency does not change when the z axis encoder is turned off. There are also no problems during homing. Soft resetting helps for a few days, but I don’t believe this is the optimal solution. I feel like we are missing something.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Hi @CarryG1

Could you privately message me your account email address? This will allow me to remotely inspect your device settings. I could not find any devices associated with your forum email.

1 Like

Hi @RickCarlino,

Thank you very much for your help. I wish I could message you privately, but unfortunatley I’m somehow not able to do so.

That comes from the forum settings. You have to have a certain level (visits, posts, etc. all count in) to be able to msg someone directly. I think that has to be set different in general.
You are not able to influece these settings

1 Like

Whoops! Did not realize the forum was preventing this.

I’ve privately messaged you, @CarryG1.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense. But you’re right, this setting is not convenient.