Network connection lost

Hi all,

I experienced now several times that the bot disconnects from some service (?) during a sequence execution. This is clearly shown as disconnect in the web frontend. Mostly after some minutes its back on again. It is NOT the WiFi connection as you can see below in the screenshot, no station disconnected from WiFi during this time.

@Gabriel @connor please help! Latest FW versions…

Success Synced 69, 200, 100 May 31, 8:00am

Busy Syncing 69, 200, 100 May 31, 8:00am

Success Farmbot was reconnected to the internet: [‘my.farmbot.io’] 69, 200, 100 May 31, 8:00am

Warn Farmbot was disconnected from the internet: :timeout 69, 200, 100 May 31, 8:00am

Busy Moving to (70.0, 200.0, 100.0) 70, 200, 252 May 31, 7:57am

Info [Water Sensor mount 2/2] - Sequence Executing: MoveAbsolute 70, 200, 252 May 31, 7:57am

Success Movement to (70.0, 200.0, 252.0) complete. 70, 200, 252 May 31, 7:57am

Busy Moving to (70.0, 200.0, 252.0) 0, 200, 252 May 31, 7:57am

Info [Water Sensor mount 2/2] - Sequence Executing: MoveAbsolute 0, 200, 252 May 31, 7:57am

Success Movement to (0.0, 200.0, 252.0) complete. 0, 200, 252 May 31, 7:57am

As the log says, Farmbot was disconnected from the internet. That doesn’t necessarily mean from the network, it just means Farmbot can’t reach the we services for some reason network related reason such as a slow connection, network split, clock skew etc.

@connor could you please detail; loosing connection to which service causes the bot to issue that it was disconnected from the internet?

Gents, now my bot is not staying connected, so I have a disconnected bot but no farmbot wifi net shows up. How should one use this thing autonomously?!?!?! Please help asap!!!

@Klimbim from your logs it looks like the FarmBot disconnected and reconnected within the same minute, so what is the issue?

This could have been caused by any number of things, many of which may not be in your or our control. Further, it is really not always possible for the bot to determine and report exactly what has gone wrong, so we do the best we can. Connor already mentioned some possible reasons, and I’ll elaborate. It could have been:

• A brief loss of connectivity between the FarmBot and your router (you appear to have ruled this out with some monitoring tool though)
  • A brief network outage, dropped packets, etc within your home internet network (router, switch, modem, etc)
  • A brief network outage, degraded service, dropped packets, network split, network re-route, etc on your ISP’s network
  • A brief outage or degraded service in the DNS that your FarmBot was using
  • Our servers were restarting and briefly unavailable (they restart automatically every day and will be unavailable whenever we deploy new code)

As I’ve mentioned to you before, please refrain from swearing here in the forum. We expect this place to be professional, supportive, fun, and inviting. I am going to edit your comment.

Ok, based on your second post, your bot is now disconnected and the wifi network is not showing up. Did you disable automatic factory resets or specify a long connection attempt period? If you did either of these, then your FarmBot is working exactly as it is supposed to. If not, then once again there must be some issue with your network that is out of our control considering you are one of very few people who experience issues like this.

Hi @roryaronson, thanks for helping, but support is general on a lower level, although your teammembers are trying hard to support. Maybe a dedicated 50% person to support in the forums would be veeery helpful?!

Back to topic:
The bot is set to CONNECTION ATTEMPT PERIOD of 10 minutes and factory reset to yes. As I tried over 30 minutes to revive it (power plug out and in again etc.) and nothing happened, I switched off and on again the WiFi router at 10:36 to produce an interrupt. As the bot did not show up at 10:47 I thought maybe it had created its own wifi and gone into safe mode as expected, but nothing. No sign of life except the LEDS on the raspi.

This morning I found out that it reconnected with the statement: farmbot is up an running! at 10:53 pm?!?! It afterwards said Firmware not initialzed yet, Waiting for R88 message;

Then during the night again two times:

Error Token failed to reauthorize: xxx@xxx.de https://my.farmbot.io :connect_timeout
Error Authorization failed: {:error, :connect_timeout}

and

Success Farmbot was reconnected to the internet: [‘my.farmbot.io’] 0, 1, 1 Jun 1, 2:26am

Warn Farmbot was disconnected from the internet: :nxdomain 0, 1, 1 Jun 1, 2:26am

and again an token authorization error at Jun 1, 2:54am then tons of sync messages until a successful sync at Jun 1, 5:50am??

Could you please explain? Would it be technically possible to detail the reason of the network disconnect? E.g. was not able to connect to MQTT broker at … or the like?

I am not sure wether this is true. I know at least one person that is having those problems here and there as well but does not raise it in the forums. Most likely because they are not receiving a proper support / feedback and are annoyed of posting this…

At some point this is the emotions which come up when you put such a lot of time into it and it just does not work properly :wink: I don´t see the sense of editing, as we are all grown ups but if you feel better, you´re the admin :wink: