Shorten Genesis XL Bed

I just ordered a Genesis XL and realized after measuring my yard that it will be too long for the area I want to put it in. Width is OK. Can I shorten the bed length?

Looking forward to this. I’ve been waiting to get a FarmBot since they came out!

Thanks,

It’s easy to do I answered a similar question here Construction raised bed

2 Likes

Thank you. How about the width? Can I shorten that if I need to as well?

Yes :slight_smile: the post I linked was about shortening width i.e. the Y axis you can shorten all axis even Z although I don’t think you will need to do that. Be careful you leave enough length in the belts, as I said in the linked post.

When you run configuration it will adjust to the size of your bed.

Thanks. I guess that’s what I get for trying to read it while up with my 1 year old overnight. :laughing:

1 Like

@stre1026 - Unsure if you have found a solution. Keeping the main beam the same, I shortened the length by half on my Genesis XL. So, I have something of a square bed 10 x 10(approx). It seems to be working well but it has been a challenge to tame it :). I still do need to get my sequences automated.

@happyfarmer

Thank you, I did. I shortened my main beam and I also shortened the bed. I now have an area of about 9x12. I had a lot of struggles and still am dealing with some issues but nothing that the Farmbot team hasn’t helped with. Waiting on some replacement parts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@stre1026 - Glad everything worked out well. I have the same issues but working through it.