Suppliers / Lieferanten in DACH (Germany / Switzerland / Austria)

Hi @ll,

first, I’d like to thank @duesentrieb (and the other guys) for sharing their supplier list. I’m currently planning to build up a new farmbot in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany, hence I used your BOM as a “blueprint” with some minor modifications :wink:

But let me please start with some short explanations on the design principles I tried to follow:
1.) I’ll build the plates, brackets and all 3D printed stuff myself
2.) prefer parts available in the EU to avoid unnecessary costs for customs and delivery
3.) “good” must not be necessarily expensive, but I don’t want to pay twice because of a *** product :wink:
4.) make as few changes on the 3D models as possible and stick to the standard
5.) read everything at least twice (by the way, this is a good advice for life *g*)

So, here is my personal BOM which should be compliant to farmbot v1.2. Currently I would have to pay something around 1200€ (except of the material for the 3D printer and the aluminum plate).

Is something missing? Opinions, suggestions (but also warnings) are heartily invited :slight_smile:

Greetings from germany!

2 Likes

Hi, where do you live exactly in Rhineland-Palatinate? I live near by Koblenz and i am looking foreward to build a farmbot.

Maybe we can talk about our experiences.

Sascha

1 Like

Hey Sascha,

I live near by speyer. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I will give my best to find some good answers :wink:

Chris

Hello

I’m one neighbor on the other side, not so far.

Nancy, France

In the same level of progress of the project.

1 Like

Hi Sascha,

Wenn du Lust hast kann ich dich in die SLACK-Gruppe von Farmbot Europe einladen. Da sind noch mehr Leute aus der D/A/CH drin. Dazu bräuchte ich nur deine Mailadresse. Die könntest du mir dann einfach per PN schicken.

Ansonsten ist die Kontaktliste vielleicht interessant für dich:

Gruß Jonas

2 Likes

Hi Jonas

ich hätte auch intersse an der SLACK-Gruppe bezüglich Farmbot Europe. Ich bin sehr neu hier und suche nach Infos bezüglich Europe.

Besten Danke und Grüsse
Mike

Ich hab mal eine Whatsapp Gruppe erstellt

Hi there,
I’m a little late to the party. I’m a Member of a german Makerspace and we want to build a FarmBot. Does anyone know a Supplyer in Germany or the EU? Thanks in Advance for any reaction.

Hey schaechi,
there are only three options at this time:

• purchase a complete kit in the FamBot online shop
  • purchase only parts, that you can’t get here
  • build an earlier version of the bot which includes parts that are common in the maker scene so you can get them pretty easy and cheap locally

you could check in the BOM files in this topic, there are some suppliers listed. Maybe some of them are already outdated, but I believe its a good start.

Hi man, I’m try to send a private message from this forum, I click in your profile, but I don’t find any chat link. So Im interesting “alternative solutions for rotary encoders”, I’m from Brazil, the prices for shipping to here is astronomic ! the cost of 4 NEMA 17 is U$ = 430,00 integrated with the encoder. In my local cnc shop with U$ = 40,00 I can buy 4 NEMA 17,I just need the rotary differential encoder, that match with the specs of HS28A. Or any solution you may have, once that is hard to find the HS28A describable on the hardware farmbot documentation. Please send me a invite to the slack.com. My email is willian.virgilio@gmail.com I’m need to find out a good replacmento for it

Hi @ll,

I’m very interested in building my own farmbot. Due to the fact, that I want to minimize shippings, I want to buy everything as local as possible.
Please let me know if there are still some folks actively working on a solution for europe. Will start to check the state of the BOM right now.

Cheers
Bruno

Edit:

Hi @ all,
This Post is copied, because i want the same :sweat_smile:

I’m also very interested in building my own farmbot. Due to the fact, that I want to minimize shippings, I want to buy everything as local as possible.
Please let me know if there are still some folks actively working on a solution for europe.
Because the Import is to expensive.
Maybe a small production series with the actuall version 1.6 is possible in Europe too?

With friendly Greets from Germany
Björn