UART died error

i have downloaded and installed the latest version today and am having problems with the inital sync after it downloads the lastest repo.
after it goes through and sets the pin_gaurd_4_time_out successfuly;
Success Updating FW param: pin_guard_4_time_out: 0.0 => 60 0, 0, 0 Sep 14, 1:59pm

i get an warn and it resets the RPi;
Warn UART handler died: {:function_clause, [{Farmbot.Firmware.Utils, :fmnt_float, [nil], [file: ‘lib/farmbot/firmware/utils.ex’, line: 13]}, {Farmbot.Firmware.UartHandler, :handle_call, 3, [file: ‘lib/farmbot/firmware/uart_handler/uart_handler.ex’, line: 366]}, {GenStage, :handle_call, 3, [file: ‘lib/gen_stage.ex’, line: 1762]}, {:gen_server, :try_handle_call, 4, [file: ‘gen_server.erl’, line: 661]}, {:gen_server, :handle_msg, 6, [file: ‘gen_server.erl’, line: 690]}, {:proc_lib, :init_p_do_apply, 3, [file: ‘proc_lib.erl’, line: 249]}]} 0, 0, 0 Sep 14, 1:59pm

i have done it twice now with no difference.
any suggestions?

Hm it looks like your arduino is sending incorrect data. What version FarmBot kit do you have?

Hi,

I’m getting exactly the same message.

Running Farmbot v1.2. Reverted back to Firmware 6.4.5 based on a recommendation to solve connectivity problems in another thread.

The error popped up after I jogged the X-Axis a fair distance.

No idea why this is happening.

Cheers!

UART handler died: {:function_clause, [{Farmbot.Firmware.Utils, :fmnt_float, [nil], [file: ‘lib/farmbot/firmware/utils.ex’, line: 13]}, {Farmbot.Firmware.UartHandler, :handle_call, 3, [file: ‘lib/farmbot/firmware/uart_handler/uart_handler.ex’, line: 366]}, {GenStage, :handle_call, 3, [file: ‘lib/gen_stage.ex’, line: 1762]}, {:gen_server, :try_handle_call, 4, [file: ‘gen_server.erl’, line: 661]}, {:gen_server, :handle_msg, 6, [file: ‘gen_server.erl’, line: 690]}, {:proc_lib, :init_p_do_apply, 3, [file: ‘proc_lib.erl’, line: 249]}]}

Got the following feedback when I ran the configurator again.

This is almost certainly because of “downgrading”. Boot FarmBot without an arduino plugged in and get it connected to the web app. Once the bot is connected, try plugging the arduino in.

I have done some more work on this.
I have reloaded the blink sketch onto the Arduino and checked that it works, thinking this would effectively reset it.
I still have the same problem however, if I reboot it without the Arduino plugged in and then plug the Arduino in it works fine. If it reboots with the Arduino plugged in I get the UART died error and the farmbot resets to default so needs the wifi setup done again etc.

It is a version 1.2 Arduino/RAMPS setup
Version info is;
Environment: prod
Commit: 57028105
Target: rpi3
Node name: farmbot-2e00
Firmware: 6.4.0.R
Firmware commit: d0bc1e76
Uptime: 72 seconds
Memory usage: 71MB
Disk usage: 10%
RPI3 CPU temperature: 34.9°C
WiFi Strength: N/A

Logs are below

TYPE MESSAGE POSITION (X, Y, Z) TIME
3 Warn Firmware is being stubbed. 0, 0, 0 Sep 21, 11:32am
1 Warn UART handler died: {:function_clause, [{Farmbot.Firmware.Utils, :fmnt_float, [nil], [file: ‘lib/farmbot/firmware/utils.ex’, line: 13]}, {Farmbot.Firmware.UartHandler, :handle_call, 3, [file: ‘lib/farmbot/firmware/uart_handler/uart_handler.ex’, line: 376]}, {GenStage, :handle_call, 3, [file: ‘lib/gen_stage.ex’, line: 1762]}, {:gen_server, :try_handle_call, 4, [file: ‘gen_server.erl’, line: 661]}, {:gen_server, :handle_msg, 6, [file: ‘gen_server.erl’, line: 690]}, {:proc_lib, :init_p_do_apply, 3, [file: ‘proc_lib.erl’, line: 249]}]} 0, 0, 0 Sep 21, 11:32am
2 Warn Not allowing movement_invert_2_endpoints_y to be set to null 0, 0, 0 Sep 21, 11:32am
2 Warn Not allowing movement_invert_2_endpoints_z to be set to null 0, 0, 0 Sep 21, 11:32am
2 Warn Not allowing movement_invert_2_endpoints_x to be set to null

bump.
anyone have suggestions how to fix this one?

thanks
pete

Here is what we have tried on 6.4.11:
A - boot RPI with no Arduino connection
B - configure RPI/Farm OS with wired connection + Server password.
C - boot RPI and confirm success
D - plug in Arduino / reboot
E - successful connection - all green indicators
F - try to move any motor - Fail + UART and/or failed to start child error

Update - Turns out something fried on the Ramps/Arduino; changed both to new ones and it now works.

How I (kind of) solved the problem…

Replaced all the hardware, the arduino, RAMPS and Raspberry Pi. I also made sure my power supply outputs 5V with 2.5A. Now running v6.4.13

Booted Farmbot without the Arduino plugged in. Once up and running I plugged the arduino in. Waited for it to complete start up and sync sequences.

Once this was done and I got a “Farmbot is up and running message” I sent movement commands to the machine. Movements were completed successfully.

When restarting the bot with the arduino plugged in, I get the UART Handler died message again.

Guess I’ll need to plug the Arduino out when restarting Farmbot in future.