Unable to Configure Farmbot - urgent

Hi Guys,

I downloaded the latest version of the farmbot OS that Connor uploaded to GitHub 2 days ago and using a 4G wifi hotspot, I was able to get it connected. That hadn’t worked with any other version of the os.

Using the new OS, I hooked it up to Ethernet and still having the same tls alert record overflow error.

I’m not sure whether its the farmbot OS or our ethernet settings but our IT guys assure me that it is totally open and not behind any sort of firewall.

I did try a different Raspberry Pi to see if it is a hardware issue but I couldn’t see the wifi network of the farmbot to be able to configure it.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel now, At least I know its not a farmbot harware issue!

Thanks,
Mark

Hi,

I forgot to mention that when connected to the 4G wifi dongle, the farmbot kept on disconnecting and reconnecting every couple of seconds. 4G coverage in the area is not fantastic but I doubt that would cause it to disconnect and reconnect. Don’t know if that could be related to the ethernet issue.

Thanks,
Mark

Did you reboot/reflash the OS? I’ve experienced this a couple of times, rebooting or reflashing always helped.

Were there any logs that indicate that Farmbot really was disconnected, or did it just show Disconnected where usually Synced is?

Hi,

No logs to say it was disconnected. I was basing it off it saying disconnected where sync usually is.

I will try to re-flash the firmware this morning to see if it makes any difference. I will do that with the latest version on git hub that I have just downloaded. I don’t think that version is different to the last one I downloaded but its now an official release so I’ll give it a go.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Guys,

I am so very happy to report that my problem is solved!

I had our IT guys do a packet trace with our provider.

The IP was open but during configuration, the farmbot named itself my.farm.bot and it wasn’t on our exceptions list.

Sorry for wasting so much of your time. Our IT department was unaware that there was a firewall above their standard one.

Thanks again, particularly to Connor. Hopefully I will now have years of trouble free operation!

Regards,
Mark

4 Likes

@markgregory8 :tada: Happy to hear it is working for you. Please let us know if you have any other issues.