I would like to share a bit of our experience on the Catfarm with the Farmbot so far
We have installed an aluminium rail with the community for the Farmbot XL
This we have decided after already after just a few tries the wood started to wear and **
** have a track.
Since the coefficiency of wood is different then of aluminium its important to make sure the track can expand a little bit. ( we have found this out the hard way, the tracks where bend and it looked like a roller coaster rail.)
- Between every track part, we used 1 mm of space.
- At the end, before the stop, we have about 3-5 mm of space
- We drilled the holes in ovals.
( you can do this by holding the drill sideways)
We have max 3 mm of difference on the Y axle from end to end.
To lubricate the track a bit better we have started to use candle wax. More romantic and it made the Farmbot crash a lot less.