Automatically turn off peripherals if FB stalls

Is it possible to automatically turn off peripherals if FB stalls during the execution of a sequence?

More specifically, I am thinking of automatically switching off Water if a sequence fails because of a stall.

Thanks!

1 Like

Have you found a solution to your problem?

1 Like

@ClosedCircuit @Kay this scenario needs a software change in FarmbotOS but to me it seems such a feature would be modest effort to implement.

If either of you use GitHub you could submit a new Issue about this FBOS requirement and see what happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sounds like something that should be implemented anyway. you don’t want the water staying on while the machine is stalled.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have just posted a GitHub issue here: Water keeps running if FB stalls during the execution of a sequence / Risk of flooding · Issue #1494 · FarmBot/farmbot_os (github.com)

It’s my first posting on GitHub. Hopefully, the way I did it is not completelely wrong…

—EDIT—
Hi @Kay , Sorry it took me so long to reply. I hadn’t seen your question. Please see @Ascend 's solution further down in this thread.

@ClosedCircuit @Kay
What about the Pin Guard feature? It automatically turns on/off peripheral pins after a specified timerange. Pin Guard | FarmBot Software Documentation

1 Like

@Ascend - I think that you have answered my question. I will test it tonight but it sounds exactly like what I need. Thank you very much!!!

1 Like