Connection Error Code 26 after upgrading to FBOS 13.0.1

Hi

I have update the software to ver13. 0.1
And it have error code 26. My farmbot not connect. I have rollback to ver 12.3.5. It work again.

I use wifi router at home. Any solution? If i upgrade again.

Rgds
Tom

1 Like

Hello @Tom,

Farmbot OS v13.0.1 requires an additional port to be accessed.

Please make sure that the TCP port 8883 is open and can be accessed by the device.

3 Likes

Hi @Tom ,

@Ascend is correct and a code 26 error is a definite sign that your local network is not allowing long-running TCP access to port 8883. The problem will go away once you add that port to your allow list.

1 Like

Our wifi router can allow port direct to single IP address. But farmbot did not have setting for set fix IP. Is that correct?.

@Tom

Usually, those settings are for people that want to host a TCP port. FarmBot OS is not a server, though, it needs outbound access to port 8883.

FarmBot does allow for static IPs, but that is not what you need to fix this problem. You just need to unblock usage of port 8883 (outbound only, not inbound).

More information is available here.

I assume you are using some sort of firewall or content filtering software on your network, correct?

1 Like

Thanks @RickCarlino, i use TP Link internet router. I need to check any port setting for 8883 outbound only .

Rgfs
Tom

@Tom Did it work? Please let us know if you require additional assistance.

Hi

I did not upgrade to 13.0.1.
I need to find a way to config my router for outbound port 8883.

Rgds
Tom

1 Like