Connection Error Code 26 after upgrading to FBOS 13.0.1

Hi

I have update the software to ver13. 0.1
And it have error code 26. My farmbot not connect. I have rollback to ver 12.3.5. It work again.

I use wifi router at home. Any solution? If i upgrade again.

Rgds
Tom

1 Like

Hello @Tom,

Farmbot OS v13.0.1 requires an additional port to be accessed.

Please make sure that the TCP port 8883 is open and can be accessed by the device.

3 Likes

Hi @Tom ,

@Ascend is correct and a code 26 error is a definite sign that your local network is not allowing long-running TCP access to port 8883. The problem will go away once you add that port to your allow list.

1 Like

Our wifi router can allow port direct to single IP address. But farmbot did not have setting for set fix IP. Is that correct?.

@Tom

Usually, those settings are for people that want to host a TCP port. FarmBot OS is not a server, though, it needs outbound access to port 8883.

FarmBot does allow for static IPs, but that is not what you need to fix this problem. You just need to unblock usage of port 8883 (outbound only, not inbound).

More information is available here.

I assume you are using some sort of firewall or content filtering software on your network, correct?

1 Like

Thanks @RickCarlino, i use TP Link internet router. I need to check any port setting for 8883 outbound only .

Rgfs
Tom

@Tom Did it work? Please let us know if you require additional assistance.

Hi

I did not upgrade to 13.0.1.
I need to find a way to config my router for outbound port 8883.

Rgds
Tom

1 Like

Hi there,

@Tom did you manage to solve the issue? Because I have a similar problem :frowning:

I use a TP Link CPE210 wifi extender to reach the bot. I don’t think it’s a FB problem because if I connect my cellphone to the extender it has good signal but no internet connection.
I have opened the 8883 port on the router (not sure if it worked) and also requested a public and static IP address for this purpose, but probably was not necessary: this shows my shallow knowledge on the matter…
Does anyone have a hint for a newbie on how to solve the issue?

Thanks

Regards

Silvio

@Sizen Hi Silvio,

I actually wanted to send you an email today. Our error reporting tool noticed thousands of errors coming from your device last night after the upgrade. It is an error that only affects your device. I don’t have any evidence of this error happening to other Farmbot devices. It’s creating several thousand errors per minute, so it is possible that there is a blockage somewhere.

I will try to perform network tests on your device to see if there is a blockage still. I checked the device last night and saw that the router was not resolving DNS requests to my.farm.bot.

Did you access the FarmBot Web App from the same router? I am curious to see if my.farm.bot is blocked.

@Sizen It does appear that there is a problem with your local network, but I don’t know what it is:

iex(farmbot@farmbot-****.local)3> tping "my.farm.bot"
Error resolving my.farm.bot
iex(farmbot@farmbot-****.local)4> tping "yahoo.com"
Error resolving yahoo.com
iex(farmbot@farmbot-****.local)6> tping "italia.it"
Response from italia.it (5.175.52.19): time=43.098ms
iex(farmbot@farmbot-****.local)7> tping "my.farm.bot"
Response from my.farm.bot (52.202.168.65): time=189.036ms

It seems that your DNS server is failing sporadically (or your connection to the internet drops once per minute)

Hi Rick,

thanks for the reply. Really sorry to hear that my device is creating so many issues. :confused: I am usually accessing the app from the same router in my house and seldomly from my office.
I can turn FB off so it stops sending unuseful errors. If you are able to identify the connection problem I can contact the internet provider and ask them to fix it.

Thanks

Silvio

@Sizen I can’t work on the problem if it is disconnected, so it would be better if the device stays online until we find the issue.

Have you tried contacting your ISP about this issue? They may have a better understanding of the problem. You can try showing them this document. It might also be worth trying a different router to see if there is an issue at that layer of the network (especially since you mentioned that it works fine on a cellular network).

Hi ;

My farmbot is working now. I been try to rollback the Farmbot O.S ,let it run as normal and upgrade to the latest version.

It seems the issue not related to the internet provider on my case.

Regards
tom

Glad to hear @Tom Please let us know if you require more assistance.

@Sizen I don’t have any updates- were you able to talk to someone on the ISP’s end to determine why TCP packets are dropping sporadically?

Hi Rick,

Yes, today the ISP was able to fix the issue.
Thanks for your assistance!

Cheers

Silvio

@Sizen I am so glad to hear it! Did the ISP provide you any extra information about the problem? It would help me in the future if I encounter other customers with the same problem.

1 Like

Hi Rick,

I’m not sure what the issue was, apparently they changed either the channel or the frequency of the wifi signal.

Regards

Silvio

1 Like