Content-length exceeds upper bound on range

Hello,
I installed new MIPI camera (rpi camera v2 - the 8 Mpixel). I was capable to take a many pictures with my setup. Unfortunately now I see following error literaly floading my log :

3 | Error | Upload Error (/tmp/images/capture_1661944188.jpg): {:error, “<?xml version=‘1.0’ encoding=‘UTF-8’?>EntityTooLargeYour proposed upload is larger than the maximum object size specified in your Policy Document.

”}
(6500, 400, 0) Aug 31, 13:23
1 | Error | Failed to upload image (HTTP: 400): “<?xml version=‘1.0’ encoding=‘UTF-8’?>EntityTooLargeYour proposed upload is larger than the maximum object size specified in your Policy Document.

… Probably wrong place where image compression does not work well (empty place with sand…).

I assume there left some pictures on my farmbot and it is unable to upload or remove them.
Am I right ?

Would be possible to raise the image size quota ?
Or provide instructions how to wipe the files from the raspbrry without powering the machine off ?

Interresting thing is that camera calibration on this place passed and uploaded the image… Take picture feature failed.

Jan

I found no jpegs on the SD-card. I assume it save them on /tmp. I see no errors in the log afret system reboot.
Image size solved temporarily by blank sheet of paper (which compensates the compensation issue).

Jan

Things get even worse with taking photo of my garden.

execution.log (68.6 KB)

An increase in quotas would be much appreciated.

Jan

Hi @jan.janson you’ll probably need to get a FarmBot Inc developer involved to change image-file size limits [ the photo image files are staged temporarily on the bot RPi until uploaded ( by a transient background task ) to Google Cloud storage assigned to FarmBot Inc. ( publicly accessible with the storage URLs saved in the Web App API for your photos ) ]

There are many interesting relevant topics and replies in this forum, e.g.
Using pictures made with Farmbot - Software - FarmBot Forum

Thank you John. I will check the topics.
Do you use camera pictures for something else?

@jan.janson my strong interest with FarmBot bots is all the software, so, ‘No:slight_smile:

Hi, still no response form farmbot team?
Camera failing, rpi camera v2 is listed in supported cameras but image size is unsupproted by the server.
Please help me fix it.

I will try setup my own server, but nodejs is not… how to say that… OK we are between SW engineers, right? so directly… is piece of shit.

Thank you Jan

@jan.janson have you tried a DM to Rory ?

Hi, thanks, I will try to send them a message.
What about you? Do you run mqtt, database setup or farmbot-web-app locally ?

1 Like

@jan.janson No. That’s way more than my stomach wants to deal with a.t.m. :wink:

Seems like Web App Self-Hosting is not a high priority for “the FarmBot Team” ( 2 persons ? ) as there’s probably negative reward for effort in supporting it.

Maybe you could open a new Topic to muster the attention of all _Self-Host_ -ers ?

To all self-host-ers…
Use Farmbot-Web-App, in combination with ubuntu 18.04 (yes I know… obsolete).
Follow the installation script and check my thread.
No MQTT or postgres extra installation steps are required.
Do not worry, all works ans is OK.
Jan

Thread problem was solved by local Farmbot-Web-App server. So this thread can be closed.
Jan

I would be quite surprised if all this did not run on current Ubuntu LTS 22.04.1

Cool :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.