Cost of Materials

What is the approximate cost of the current FarmBot? Should I wait for a kit or assemble a machine myself based on the current Bill of Materials?

1 Like

Didn’t realize until just now that the Bill of Materials has been updated for V.09 here Bill of Materials V.09 cost estimated at $1,542.90.

Thank you! I just saw that on the site myself. Thank you for letting me know as well.

Thanks for helping out here @plgray!

@hartsuff1, to answer your question - it depends on how involved you want to get. Purchasing all of the parts online and building a device from scratch can be a lot of work. In addition to that cost estimation, you’ll also need to pay for shipping from a lot of different places and in some cases have to purchase 100 of something when you only need 70 of them (screws, for example). So the actual cost for an individual is looking closer to $2,000 than $1,500 after all is said and done. Also, you’ll need to bring some technical know-how to the table to make up for where our build instructions are lacking and for being an early adopter of the technology.

This all being said, I absolutely encourage you to build your own device! This is what the project is all about, and I can assist you with questions here on the forums.

Otherwise, you’ll need to wait until we launch on Kickstarter with a complete kit, which will be later this year :wink: