Diverter channel for Tomatoes (pictures)

I added these diverter channels so I can grow tomatoes beyond the X-axis range of the FarmBot. Just used rain gutter and PVC irrigation pipe from a big box DIY store. (The brown box between the tomatoes is a SubPod worm composter)

4 Likes

Hi, nice. I saw something like this proposed on the farmbot website.
Question, did you consider extend the rails ? This should work also and you could get full functionality. You could even put the tomatoes outside the raised bed in some flowerpots… with your channels.
Jan

HI
All good comments. I am somewhat constrained by size of my overall garden. This is the biggest planter I could put in the front yard and still incorporate the SubPod composter and the 2 overheight tomato plants. The rest of the garden all around the house is served by a multi-zone drip irrigation system controlled by an Orbit B-Hyve. I also have some rain barrels that I use as a supplement supply for my 8 citrus trees so they can get manually flood watered when needed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.