Event failed to execute ... Motor Stalled

Since a couple of days, I’m getting an error on my Go Home Sequence
Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 16.57.06

Any ideas to what might be wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

@Dick I’ve remotely changed some of your motor tuning values. Specifically, your motor current was at 600ma, but we’ve found that this is not enough for all setups. I went ahead and increased it to 1000. The seemingly random occurrence of stalling could have been caused by temperature changes with the weather. It could also be caused by foundation settling or debris in the tracks, but as I remember, your device is inside of a greenhouse on a concrete foundation, so this is less likely.

It is still a good idea to check the tracks for debris, but again, this might be less likely in your case.

Please let me know if the current increase helps. I can take a deeper look if not.

@RickCarlino thanks very much. I’ll let you know if I’ve got any more errors in the morning. And yes, you remember correnctly :grinning:

2 Likes

Sounds good @Dick ! Very nice photo. I’ve only seen photos from inside the greenhouse previously so it is nice to get the outside view also. I am going to share this photo with the team.

@RickCarlino no errors this morning, but also no watering of the plant …

I’ll now run the ‘Water plant’ sequence manually …

@Dick That’s strange to see. It might not be related. I’ve enabled “E-STOP ON MOVEMENT ERROR” on your account while we figure this out. If your device has movement issues again, you will get an email within ~10 minutes.

How are things looking today, @Dick ? Are the motors still running? Are your sequences executing on time?

Please let me know if you require more assistance.

looks like everything is back on track. What did you do to make the sequences execute again?

@Dick That’s good to hear. I did two things:

1. I increased the motor current setting to give the motors more power.
  2. I enabled the “E-STOP ON MOVEMENT ERROR” setting so that you will get an error email within 10 minutes of a movement error.

@RickCarlino apparently this did the job :slightly_smiling_face: … thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.