I have 2 farmbots one indoor at my office and one in my backyard. I connect this to Salesforce with api and mqtt. The reason that i choose for Salesforce is that i can create this without writing code. In this way i can create some dashboarding with information. Its just a begin but i thought it is good to share.
- Weather api so get the temp, humidity and sun hours for each day
- Days of growing for each plant
- Create a picture everyday with a timestamp so i know on what day the picture is made
- Store the amount of watering
- I also test to send the picture to Salesforce einstein. (Its a kind of AI tool from Salesforce) And he recognized lettuce as lettuce by scanning the image.
You can see it in the image below
I next steps that i want tot take
- Add a water flow sensor so i can see amount of water
- Take every day a picture and try to recognize the size of the plant from the picture and store it in the database
- Find trends and try to give better amount of water/light i.e.
- Store also the values of the soil sensor
I’m wondering of some other people on this forum have some ideas about it.