FarmBot Local API Troubleshoot

I had previously been using only the "10.0.2.2" from arp -a for both of the hosts. It looks like "10.0.2.15" may have been the correct one.
store.getState().auth.token.unencoded.mqtt returns "10.0.2.15"

In the connectivity panel it now shows the browser connected to both the Web App and Message Broker. I’ll try and get it connected to FarmBot. Looks like this was the correct fix. Thank you!

1 Like

Now the API is running the Web App, and both the MQTT and API are connected to the browser. the FarmBot signal farmbot-b8e0 shows up on the network settings, but it is not connecting to the Web App. Any suggestions on what needs to be done on FarmBot’s end to allow connection?

Have you followed the FarmBot OS configuration steps already? For SERVER during FarmBot OS configuration, you’ll need to use an IP address like http://192.168.1.100:3000, which you may be able to get via hostname -I.

Yes I flashed the updated OS onto the SD card and am attempting to configure the system. What should I be entering as the wifi ssid and password when I do this? We obviously can’t have it connect to the KSC standard or guest wifi, because of the firewall. Is this where I need to enter the server information?

The simplest method may be to have a router that only the server and FarmBot connect to. The router would need to reserve an IP address for the server so that it didn’t change, and you would use that IP address for the SERVER input during FarmBot OS configuration.

Another option is to bridge network connections on the server, so that it has an incoming internet connection that it shares with FarmBot. The server would need to have at least two network interfaces for that to work, and would need to run a DHCP server (among other things).