FarmBot meets FarmVille development tool?

I’m not a computer expert but did a couple of CAD and programming modules

I’m wondering if FarmBot has an application or ideas for an application which can allow testing of new tool designs, species parameters, hardware, software, etc, in a virtual, almost game-like, environment for those of us who aren’t perhaps rich enough to own land or buy a FarmBot?

With growth parameters for certain plant species and ability to program and modify a virtual FarmBot to try and maximise virtual yields so that a person could play with FarmBot and help present improvements to the product, with the hardware and software, without having to invest or without having to wait for half a year for the crops to develop

I guess an open source development tool like this might also be able to be the subject of a machine learning development project in the distant future which could work on tool head or other hardware/software improvements?

Anyway if it’s not already a development tool I probably wouldn’t be much use in it’s creation if it’s a good idea although I could at least write a bit of code (if in python) on github

I just love the FarmBot idea

Hope it goes well

I think opening up the possibility for people in poorer parts of Africa and Asia to code etc for this project would really help it’s propagation because there are many people there who are looking to automate their subsistence farming so they can have the time to work different jobs, if that’s something this community would be interested in

1 Like

@Fungucile are you still interested in a farmbot simulator? I started working on one a while back almost for the same reason: looking for an affordable way of automating agriculture in Africa. I have designed a different means of actuating the farmbot toolhead which I am looking to test with the simulator.

Would be great to hear if you are also still interested in the simulator.

I am looking for a farmbot simulator in Japan, mainly for elementary school children and parents, to train human resources in the agricultural field. If so, please tell us about your simulator.

@hideo888 Could you share the features that you would like in the simulator. You say you need it to train human resources in the field. The one I am developing just shows simple interaction with the farmbot web application. It simulates control of the real farmbot from the farmbot web application. Simulation of plant growth is very limited, just showing the location of plants. What features do you need so that you may be able to achieve your objective with the simulator? I was looking forward to finish it in the course of the week that is ended, but it seems I still have a few things to brush up.

I think it is enough to simulate the actual farmbot control. Farmbot cannot be prepared for all students who want to learn the operation at a high price. We want more students to be able to learn at the same time. You don’t need to control the actual farmbot. Even if it is limited, I would like to try it if I can simulate the growth of plants.

Now, we are about to start an initiative to have middle bots and high school students in nursing schools grow vegetables using farmbot. I would like them to have a simulator where they can practice their operations.