Farmbot set up issues: vacuum pump broke

I recently finished my electronics set up and plugged in my farmbot for the first time today. As soon as I plugged it in, the vacuum started running. After about a minute, there was a loud pop and the vacuum started smoking. I have attached a picture of the electrical connections, I’m hoping someone here can help me identify what the issue is?

Sorry this happened! First of all, if you have not already, please email us at contact@farm.bot and we will create a replacement parts order for you. Please make sure to mention your original order number so we can look up all the required information.

Second, can you share a photo of how the vacuum pump cable is plugged into the vacuum pump? A photo like the image in this assembly step will be much appreciated: Seeder | FarmBot Genesis Documentation

Can you also confirm that you plugged the Y-axis section of the vacuum cable into the Z-axis section? It is possible to accidentally connect the camera to the vacuum pump cable and vice versa.

Last, can you unplug the vacuum pump cable from the Farmduino electronics board and try to power the system back up again to see if the damage is isolated to the vacuum pump or if it the whole system is compromised.

Thank you for your help in troubleshooting this. I believe this is the first time we have heard of such an issue.

1 Like

Hi thank you so much for responding! I was in contact with your customer service and Marc was extremely helpful. It was definitely user error, and I’m getting a new vacuum.

2 Likes