FarmBot OS v12.2.1 Beta Release
Today we are announcing the beta release of FarmBot OS v12.2.1.
About Beta Releases
A beta release is a version of FarmBot OS that is almost ready for public use but is still under active testing.
If you are eager to try new features before they are publicly released, you may opt-in to receive a beta update for your device (instructions below).
If you require a high level of stability for your device (eg: it is currently tending to a live garden), it may be best to wait for the official release since a beta release may have slight stability issues. We appreciate bug reports for problems found on beta versions of FarmBot OS.
FBOS v12.2.1 is a stability upgrade. Though it adds few new features, it offers noticeable performance and stability improvements for Express users.
- Improved performance, especially for Express devices
- Security updates for third party software components
- Increased unit tests
- Removal of deprecated components, such as manual sync.
- Better handling of duplicate logs
How to Opt In
We appreciate bug reports on beta versions- please let us know if you have problems!
If you want to try the latest beta versions, you may switch your device to the “beta” channel as follows:
- Open the device settings popup by clicking the device version in the device settings panel.
- Next, click on the device’s FBOS version number
- Select “beta” in the drop down labeled “OS RELEASE CHANNEL”
- Click “UPDATE TO 12.2.1”
If you experience problems not seen in previous version, please leave a comment.