GCode and fcode commands

Is there a list of G-Codes and F-codes, Etc. used by farmbot along with some documentation on how to use them? I’m trying to test my setup using just the Arduino MEGA, RAMPS, drivers and a motor. I have been having hardware issues and need to do some debugging, I trying to use the arduino IDE to send Gcodes to the motors. Does G00 X1000 Y0 Z0, for example, send instructions for both X1 and X2 motors?

1 Like

what type of program are you using for the Gcode and also how did you set it up to take commands from the Gcode and send it to the farmbot?

I’ve been very interested in learning the Gcode aspect for more control and better understanding.

1 Like

All of the codes are listed in the firmware readme. A G00 would move both X1 and X2 motors if you have the second motor enabled (default firmware does have it enabled). You can read and write parameters with F21 and F22. The parameter list is in the readme as well :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Cjaramillogrows, I’m just using the standard Arduino IDE Go to TOOLS, then serial monitor. On the blank top line, just type out your Gcode and press SEND. Be sure to select “Both NL & CR”, as well as “115200” baud in the drop down menu located in the bottom right of the IDE.
Its that simple.
Flavio

2 Likes

Thanks Rory!

Much appreciated for sharing that info.

Im going to dip my toes into these waters. :smile:

1 Like