Gripper which harvests crops!

Hello everyone!

My name is Jacco de Waal.

Together with my fellow students from the University of Applied Sciences in Breda (The Netherlands), we have spent the past six months working on a gripper that we have mounted on the Farmbot. It can harvest crops!

In the video below, which will link you to my YouTube channel, I tell you more about this gripper:

Video about Farmbot Gripper with English subtitles - YouTube

In the video below, which will link you to my YouTube channel, you can see a side by side video.

Project Harvest Turtle - YouTube

The images that were taken from above were made with the Intel Real Sense camera. It is a machine vision camera, which uses our own developed software to look for crops in the bin and determine by itself if those crops are ripe for harvesting. If they are ripe enough, the software makes up a set of coordinates and sent it to the gripper which grabs the crop and transport it to an AGV which takes it to a storage station.

A few weeks ago, we ended this project and we got some nice grades from our teachers.

I wanted to attach a PDF file, but I got the message that ‘new users’ cannot upload files.

Maybe I can opload it in a couple of days.

When you open this PDF in Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, it shows the SolidWorks model of the gripper. Super nice, so you don’t have to open all SolidWorks files separately to view the model :wink:

I hope this information can help you come up with many more cool ideas for the Farmbot.

See ya!

4 Likes

Welcome @Jacco
your project is really impressive and interesting! Thanks for the share. Good job :+1:

According to Discourses trust system new members should be promoted after a few minutes of reading a few topics. To make things easier, I just promoted you manually so you should be able to share now.

Thanks!

I hereby share the PDF.

When you open this PDF in Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, it shows the SolidWorks model of the gripper. Super nice, so you don’t have to open all SolidWorks files separately to view the model :wink:
Gripper.pdf (659.7 KB)

2 Likes

Great job honestly. Is it your intention to share with us and the whole community your work as well as the CAD models and the code? I personally loved taking over your project and maybe improving it even more. #farmbot @Jacco

1 Like

The gripper looks great! It would be really cool if you could share the CAD model, the software and maybe a bill of materials with the community. Great work! @Jacco

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.