Email Resume to email@example.com
We are looking for a talented senior full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team.
- Yearly training and professional skills budget.
- Health, vision, life, and dental insurance for you and dependents with a 90% company contribution.
- A free FarmBot device!
- The ability to set your schedule.
- A low-meeting, results-oriented culture.
- “Take what you need” PTO policy.
- Ability to work remotely or from our offices in San Luis Obispo, California.
$90k to $120k depending on experience and location.
As a senior full-stack developer at FarmBot, you will help develop the majority of FarmBot’s serverside software. You will interface directly with the CEO and customers to help build the future of the product. The senior full-stack developer role will oversee all daily and long-term operations relating to our Ruby on Rails backend and occasionally work on the front-end user interface.
You are an experienced developer generalist who is comfortable working at any modern web development stack layer- from the browser down to the database. You work well in a remote environment that communicates asynchronously. You learn news skills quickly without supervision and can make software architecture decisions independently. You emphasize code stability and unit testing. This role also offers embedded-systems development opportunities if desired.
- 5+ years experience delivering production-grade software
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Understand programming language implementation patterns and abstract syntax trees (familiarity with complex workflow engines is a plus)
- A solid understanding of RESTful JSON API development in Ruby on Rails
- An understanding of containerization and the 12 Factor methodology
- A knowledge of single-page applications and React.JS
- Familiarity with Typescript and modern JS build systems.
- An understanding of SQL, ideally PostgreSQL
- Experience working in remote environments with asynchronous communication
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interface directly with customers
- A willingness to develop software publicly on a fully open-source codebase
An ideal candidate will also have familiarity with some of these “nice to have” qualifications: Redux, Parcel 2, NPM package publishing, PIP packages, Elixir Nerves framework, Buildroot, MQTT, RabbitMQ, Docker Compose, MongoDB.