How difficult is electronics?

Hello,

I’m seriously considering purchasing farmbot for myself md my 13 year old son to do s a project together.

I’m confident we can set up the mechanical aspects of farmbot. I’m concermed about the electronics/computer aspect. I’m terrible at such things, though my son is pretty good at it.

How hard is it to set up and use the software?

Thank you!

Hello Tcook,

It takes some basic programming work to get the Farmbot to operate. There’s a few videos that show exactly how to set everything up. It will take approximately 8 hours to 16 hours of use on the software to understand how everything interacts and how to program it. Once you’re up and running it becomes very easy and the Farmbot takes care of most operating activity. Here’s a fair disclosure… I will warn you that the smart vision weeding software doesn’t work quite as well as in the videos. It still has some kinks to be ironed out and the Farmbot team is working on it.

It will be a great father and son project. There are Farmbots all over the world now you can likely talk to someone who has done it before you and test it out for yourself.

Here are the videos

YouTube Video:
Farmbot Software

Farmbot Software Farm Designer

Farmbot Software Sequences

Farmbot Device Settings

I think that part of investing into a new hobby are the challenges that you will encounter along the way. What’s good about it is the fact that you guys will be a team? You can learn from each other. Also, we are here to help you out starting by watching the tutorials that @Marc have suggested.
BTW, do you know how a wifi dog fence work?
:slightly_smiling_face:

We’re in Plano, Texas. We’d love to see a farmbot in action.