How to start the setup wizard

I’m not a new Farmbot user, but I remember when I first set up the Farmbot, I thought the motors seemed a bit weak for the job. I adjusted the motor speed and other settings until I got it to move reliably, but still felt that things were only “just” doing their job.
2 years later and with the onset of cold weather and aging of plastic tubes, all contributing to the force required to move the bot, I have continual “Motor Stalled” and “retrying movement” errors.
It was timely to see the Setup Wizard updates in the latest 15/6/21 software update, and serendipitous indeed to see that the screen showcasing the improved Setup Wizards was a video of Rory, with the introduction “it seems like it is trying to move too fast, or doesn’t have enough torque”. “Exactly my issue” I thought. Then after 1/2 hour or so, I realised that I had no idea how to access the video, or to start the setup wizard.

Hi @dmbgo I read somewhere recently how to find the Setup wizard ( and the troubleshooting videos ) : use this URL. Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks John, but this url only takes me to my Farmbots landing page. The same as https://my.farmbot.io/

@dmbgo
David, you’ll need to be already signed-in to your FarmBot account to use that one :blush:

@dmbgo As @jsimmonds you do need to be already logged in to click the link. Please let us know if you still have trouble and I can take a look.

Thanks John, I thought I was signed in, in a different tab of the same browser (google chrome). I tried again this morning and your link worked.
Rick, I still haven’t found where that video is in the setup sequence. Do you mind telling me which part it is located under?
Thanks
Dave

@RickCarlino

Does this help? There you can find the video that is also mentioned in the Software Update thread that Rory posted.

@dmbgo I will defer to @roryaronson on this matter, as I was not involved with the development of this feature.

Both Getting Started videos are also available on our youtube channel.

Thanks Ascend, Rick and Rory.
I had no trouble finding the video in the end, I should have spent more time looking in the first place :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.