I cannot login into the FarmBot Web App

I go to https://my.farm.bot/app/designer/controls, I’ll see a page in loading state and says “App could not be fully loaded, we recommend you try refreshing the page.”
I continue to wait, I will be sent to the login screen.
Even if I refresh the page in the loading state with F5 or ctrl-F5, the page will still be in a loading state. After that, I will be redirected to the login screen.

This happens regardless of whether a mobile phone or PC.

postscript

I don’t know if this is relevant, but after setting up the FarmBot App’s Events to send a message to FarmBot every 5 minutes, this is what happened.
This was to prevent the mobile WiFi from going into sleep mode after more than 10 minutes of no communication.
The Event page became very slow, but it worked fine.

Hi @takesue.y My brief comments :slight_smile:

The Web App requires the user account to be logged-in when accessing that URL.
What happens if you : 1) Login then 2) Access that same URL ?

With current FBOS software ( 11.0.1 ) the Express device has trouble handling 200 Farm Events.
How many Events have you created ? ( tip: Scroll the Events list to the bottom to see a count )

Hi, @jsimmonds

The Web App requires the user account to be logged-in when accessing that URL.
What happens if you : 1) Login then 2) Access that same URL ?

I login then the same loading screen appears, and finally was sent back to login screen.

With current FBOS software ( 11.0.1 ) the Express device has trouble handling 200 Farm Events.
How many Events have you created ? ( tip: Scroll the Events list to the bottom to see a count )

I don’t know exact numbers because I cannot login and see the Events page, but maybe 2016 over (12 * 24 * 6).

(numbers of details)
Every 5 minutes (0:00, 0:05, 0:10, …, 23:55 = 12*24 = 288) and until 4/1 (about 7 months).

thanks.

Ahhh, Ok, that’s a problem :wink: You may need help from @RickCarlino unless you can use the Web App API to delete your Events collection back to a much smaller number ( < 250 )

Just a curiosity question : Is your FarmBot still running normally ? ( i.e. not periodically re-booting ? )

That mobile WiFi you mention . . Is that the Access Point that your FarmBot uses to connect to Internet ?
FarmBot will be constantly “talking” over the AMQP/MQTT connection even while it’s totally at rest.

Thanks, @jsimmonds

Just a curiosity question : Is your FarmBot still running normally ? ( i.e. not periodically re-booting ? )

It seems to run normally.

That mobile WiFi you mention . . Is that the Access Point that your FarmBot uses to connect to Internet ?
FarmBot will be constantly “talking” over the AMQP/MQTT connection even while it’s totally at rest.

Yes. The mobile WiFi is used by the FarmBot. The mobile WiFi has sometimes go into sleep mode, so I set the every 5-minutes communication. However, if what you says is true, then there seems to be other cause.

@RickCarlino
I think I need your help, please. Could you delete my events settings?

@takesue.y if you are comfortable with

I can provide code which deletes all your (Farm) Events. Let me know.

|edit|

JS programming the Web App API

Ooops ! Of course your client language is not confined to JavaScript !
It’s a pure JSON end-point.

@takesue.y

I’ve deleted your FarmEvents, but after doing so, I was still not able to access your account (I was able to see the error you mentioned above). The issue was actually related to the way you created regimens.

• you have a Regimen that has 40,032 entries (NOOP REGIMEN). The browser was crashing because it could not load that many items.
  • You have 22 additional Regimens that each have 1680 Regimen items (creating a total of 38,628 regimen items).

This is too many Regimen items, especially for an FBExpress device that has a small single core CPU. The reason your web app account did not load was that the browser was timing out when it was downloading the JSON for each regimen resource.

To prevent this in the future, we will add a limit to the number of regimen items allowed in a regimen. We may also need to update our documentation to help explain this to new users.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please let me know if you require further assistance. I was able to log in to your account after removing ~70,000 regimen items.

1 Like

@jsimmonds @RickCarlino

I was able to log in.

I appreciate that your consultation and response.

1 Like

You can now do some small experiments to see whether your message-every-5-minutes actually affects the WiFi hot-spot “sleep mode” :slight_smile:
More likely it’s the phone OS just switching into a power-saving state after lack of activity by the human :wink: regardless of whether a hot-spot is active or not.

Hmmm . . that’s about ( 215 days * 288 Events ) = 61920 Sequence Events in addition to those ~70000 Regimen Event items which @RickCarlino counted. I’m really surprised that the Express apparently managed to handle these numbers :confused: