July 19, 2021 Software Update: Quiet Mode

Hi all,

Today we have an exciting and long anticipated update:

Quiet mode

Upgrade to the latest version of FarmBot OS to enable QUIET MODE - a new stepper driving mode available to Express v1.0 and Genesis v1.5 kits featuring the Trinamic TMC2130 stepper drivers. With quiet mode enabled, FarmBot movements can be tuned to create almost no noise - perfect for classrooms, laboratories, and homes where a quieter FarmBot is ideal.

Big thanks to our firmware developer @Tim for implementing this much requested improvement!

Other updates

• Fixed a problem where writing to an analog peripheral did not update device state, leading to incorrectly reported analog peripheral values.
  • Fixed Lua formulas that would crash under specific circumstances.
  • Added a write_pin() Lua helper (documentation here).
  • Increased available Arduino pins from 52 to 69.
10 Likes

@roryaronson I have just installed 14.2.1 and everything works beautifully. The quiet mode is incredible. What a difference it makes!

A big thank you to you and your Team for having worked so hard to release this feature. It is absolutely fantastic.

4 Likes

@roryaronson I love quiet mode …

@roryaronson just to let your know, initially I was able to select the quite mode on all 3 axis, but now this option is gone …

QUIET MODE is now the default value for all new FarmBot installations, and we also made the toggles to turn it on or off “advanced settings”. This means they are only shown in the settings panel if:

A) You have the setting modified from the default value (quiet mode OFF for any of the axes will allow you to see the toggles), or
B) You have turned on show advanced settings

1 Like

@roryaronson where can I turn the advanced settings on? Do you have a screenshot? Thanks in advance!

Direct link (only works if already logged in)

You can also use the search function in the device tab:

Thanks!

1 Like

Like buttah.

I love it when software changes make such a dramatic difference in how the hardware operates. Great work, thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.