Hi there! I recently (day before yesterday) finished my build and am too having DNS resolution failures and token refresh failures.
I’ve tried on WiFi and Ethernet (after reading this forum and similar problems) - what logs would you want from me to further help diagnose? It’s currrntly pretty unusable and constantly dropping off - can’t even get it to stay online long enough to set the tool positions.
FWIW it’s about 5 meters from an outdoor access point, with clean airtime.
I run my own local DNS and don’t actually see it hitting any queries when it says it fails. I also don’t see it dropping the WiFi link, it seems clear. There are another 30-50 little ESP8266s that are on the same VLAN and have no trouble, so I’m pretty confident in the network.
Hey @connor that´s not for real?!? I am reporting these connectivity issues since month which basically make the farmbot unusable and now as a second person has the same errors you begin looking into this topic? You guys really need to work on your support strategy! Even one bot which is not working is too much!
As you know from all the other threads I am running on 6.4.11 on the online version. My error logs I posted in many threads but happy to repost:
Error Trying to resolve https://my.farm.bot 9 more times. 0.6, 0.8, 0.5 Oct 5, 7:07am
Btw why are you not using the new diagnose function?
Guys I am really once more disappointed from your (not) support, you need to change that immediately!
My farmbot randomly reports DNS issues, but similar to the initial post of this topic the WLAN connection is good and should not be the problem.
Besides the router, which does provide a DNS caching server, I also have monitored domain servers which run 24/7 and provide DNS (both as source for the router, but also public authoritative for a few dozen domains). These are known to be reliable.
So I tried to factory reset and manually set the DNS servers for the FarmBot. It does come up and running, but fails in subtle ways; for instance it is no longer possible to install farmwares other then the built-in ones (stays stuck on the “Installing farmware from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/.../manifest.json” log step, no preflight checks or success message.
I tried this several times, always the same behavior. Even when I manually set the router as DNS server (e.g. identical to the one received via DHCP). As soon as I switched back to DHCP and left the advanced options empty, installing the farmware works again. So there’s definitively something fishy going on with the DNS part of FB (OS version is 7.0.1).