Lost home during sequence execution

Hi all,

during a normal sequence which I executed many times, today the bot “lost” the zero reference in z with being 175 mm too low. Any ideas why that happened and what I can do to prevent it?

How many times does one axis “run into the border” to know that it is currently at zero during homeing?

Thanks!

Be careful when using FIND HOME commands in sequences. I think your z-axis position was >175mm and the bot got the call to home the z-axis. For any reason your axis stalled so the bot set the position to 0.[quote=“Klimbim, post:1, topic:3607”]
How many times does one axis “run into the border” to know that it is currently at zero during homeing?
[/quote]

You can check it by executing the homing command while checking the debug logs. I think home is set when the bot detects missed steps the first time.

That was exactly the problem ascend, well investigated! :slight_smile: :wink:

I will try out how many times the encoder is detecting missed steps when homeing, but even if it would be 2 times, this should be set by the user. If you just have one small stop during a long homeing sequence, this is pretty dangerous as then the bot can run into things when home is set wrong!