Managing Multiple Farmbots at Multiple Locations

Hi Y’all,
I just discovered this technology exist yesterday and have some questions about adopting it to my business as a solution to reduce maintenance cost.

Short summary, I’m moving away from the commercial mega landscape projects into a more petite design/ build company that focuses on growing food for commercial and residential properties. The one thing that keeps circling back to scare people away is the maintenance cost of maintaining a Foodscape (General IPM, plant rotations, fertilizing, ext).

As I dive into these systems, I have a few initial questions.

1. Does the design software have the ability to access and maintain multiple bots in multiple locations? We’ll be building and maintaining Farmscapes in a large region. Having the ability to control multiple accounts is vital.

2. Is the software simple enough for the average homeowner to manage it themselves if they opt out of our maintenance contract?

3. My expertise is in traditional farming, construction management, and general contracting, aka not tech savvy with coding and computers! If this technology is implemented into my projects, how simple is it to setup and maintain? My architect can use cad to input the control points for veggie mapping. Just curious on the operational functionality.

Really appreciate the help as this is my first post on the chat!

@Msluski

Hello and thanks for your post!

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Does the design software have the ability to access and maintain multiple bots in multiple locations? We’ll be building and maintaining Farmscapes in a large region. Having the ability to control multiple accounts is vital.

It is totally possible to run multiple FarmBots in multiple locations. However, each FarmBot will need its own FarmBot login account. This means that you will need to save a Login ID and Password for each FarmBot you are operating.

1. Is the software simple enough for the average homeowner to manage it themselves if they opt out of our maintenance contract?

Yes, the software is simple enough for the average homeowner to manage it. You can learn about how the software works directly from our YouTube channel. Take a few minutes and review our software video series.

1. My expertise is in traditional farming, construction management, and general contracting, aka not tech savvy with coding and computers! If this technology is implemented into my projects, how simple is it to setup and maintain? My architect can use cad to input the control points for veggie mapping. Just curious on the operational functionality.

The FarmBot Genesis can be set up within 2 to 4 hours and it requires routine maintenance every few weeks. Please review our FarmBot Maintenance page for full details about our maintenance.

https://genesis.farm.bot/v1.7/Extras/maintenance/general-maintenance.html

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.