Hi FarmBot community,
Last week we released FarmBot OS v9.2.0 and today we deployed updates to the FarmBot web app. Here’s what new:
Tools panel improvements
Each slot listing in the tools panel now includes a tool/seed container dropdown for quicker virtual loading and unloading of the slots. Additionally, there are now mini visualizations of each slot and the tool loaded into it, and unique visualizations for all stock tools.
Movements to gantry locations
Movements to gantry-mounted seed containers (included with all Express v1.0 and Genesis v1.5 kits) will now use the current X coordinate position. This allows your FarmBot to quickly pick up seeds from these containers using MOVE TO commands no matter where your FarmBot is along the X-axis.
Homing and calibration improvements
The Express v1.0 and Genesis v1.5 firmware included with FBOS v9.2.0 includes improvements to homing and calibration:
- An issue where incorrect axes would move to 0 during homing commands has been fixed.
- Calibration will now move to the max position first and then measure the distance back to the home position. Previously FarmBot would move to the home position, measure the distance to the max position, and then move back home. This was a less efficient method of calibration under most circumstances.
- We’re trialing a new homing method where FarmBot will make multiple attempts to find the home position to mitigate the possibility of an erroneous stall falsely setting the home position. This functionality is still a work in progress and we hope you will provide feedback so we can further improve it.
- Thank you @FabioDessi on GitHub for another contribution towards improved farm designer grid lines!
- The + STOCK buttons for adding tools, seed containers, and other resources now work based on FarmBot model.
- Changed the WiFi level from dBm units to a percentage.
- Updated verbiage and text styling throughout the app to increase consistency between similar elements.
- Added a search bar to the Logs page.
- Improved the logs when mounting and dismounting tools.
- When FarmBot stops at the home or the max position (when it was told to move farther than that), it will now send a log indicating that it altered the movement command.
- Connectivity indicators now include a checkmark or X icon to facilitate at-a-glance understanding for red/green colorblind users.
Ready to get a FarmBot?
Genesis and Genesis XL v1.5 kits are in-stock and ready to ship. Get your order in today or tomorrow and it will be shipped this week https://farm.bot/#order
Meanwhile, Express and Express XL v1.0 pre-orders have a target ship time around the beginning of May. Due to lockdowns and global delays from the coronavirus we thank you for your continued patience.