Move Absolute Modification

I propose modifying the Move Absolute block to include check boxes for each axis like the following mockup:

An example of why this would be useful is when the UTM is in some unknown location and you want to zero out just the Z axis before any other movement.

This is something I wanted as soon as I started making sequences and I have seen another post asking for the same thing, but not quite in the right way.

I imagine that the block would default to having all 3 axes checked and all 3 offsets unchecked. Typing a number into any of the number fields would check the box and unchecking a box would clear the field.

2 Likes

In this example, you probably want to use “Find home” for Z-axis instead.

Having checkboxes may make the resulting movement, for which axis will move, more clear for unexperienced users. Maybe this makes sense if its not too much work.

I agree that the Find Home block would somewhat work in this case but the movement is slow and does time out if extended too far.
I am aware that you can change the settings of the homing speed and timeout but I would argue that those settings are what they are by default for a reason and changing them for a workaround seems messy to me.

I fully agree… I have my FB running for 3 days and I am already missing this feature.

1 Like

Another vote for this feature:)

1 Like

Why the feature have not been added yet? :disappointed_relieved:

@Elon FarmBot is a very small company that currently only has two full time software developers. Unfortunately, there have been higher priority features that have precluded us from starting work on this feature. In the mean time you can achieve a similar effect through the use of IF and MOVE RELATIVE statements in the sequence editor.

@RickCarlino
Hi, I cannot see how we can build the requested behavior by using an IF plus MOVE command… Can u give a sample please?
Thanks
Markus

Hi @mbuchberger1967

I posted an example of how to do it on this thread and I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Have a great day and stay safe!

Is this feature on the roadmap?

1 Like

@whitecaps It is. It came up at our weekly status call on Friday, actually. We’re still focusing on bug fixes and v2 weed detection currently, but do have plans to add this to the MOVE block.

3 Likes

@whitecaps Update: https://github.com/FarmBot/Farmbot-Web-App/issues/1891

We might be implementing this sooner than expected.

2 Likes

The ability to move only the specified axes is available in FarmbotOS v11.